Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking Abby during a track meet today with my mom and there was a Boxer there too, along with a labradoodle( i know, gag) and yorkshire terrier. I kept Abby away from them (for obvious reasons), but Abby seemed so interested in saying hi to the Boxer and she didn't even bother to look at the labradoodle or yorkshire. Abby's never seen or met another bully before, and this Boxer had almost the same body as Abby's. I was just wandering, can dogs, especially bully dogs, is it possible that they would be more interested in there own "kind" than other breed types?

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's funny that you say that, because when Chassis was a pup and we'd take her to the dog park, she's always play with the boxers. And she use to have a friend come out there that was another AB and they would play with each other only and ignore the other dogs! I think a dog can sense when another dog shares the same type of personality, IMO.

·
Agent Squint
2,093 Posts
I don't know factually, but I'm pretty sure from personal experiences they can tell similar breeds, mainly by their confidence and how they carry themselves. I've been told other dogs will be aggressive toward bully breeds JUST because they have this cocky, arrogent way about them....the look, walk, smell, etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hopefully Bozkoe will learn this soon, he happens to think that he is a cat :lol: We have 3 cats (2 ofwhich will socialize with him) and his Tortie friend well, he thinks he is her other half... It's funny to watch he pounces just like a cat at this point and he stick his butt up in the air when we scratch him... it's too darn cute, but hopefully as he gets older he will realize that he is a bully and not a meow-mix... :roll: :roll:

We are waiting to get the dog parks in our area but unfortanatley building a new soccer stadium seems to be more important, heck more important than nurses and schools... I guess that is NY for you... lol :? All in all they said that they need 50K to build the doggy parks and hopefully then Boz will get to play with his counterparts...

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
BanterBull said:
I don't know factually, but I'm pretty sure from personal experiences they can tell similar breeds, mainly by their confidence and how they carry themselves. I've been told other dogs will be aggressive toward bully breeds JUST because they have this cocky, arrogent way about them....the look, walk, smell, etc...
I agree with Shawn.

Rosco generally ignores most dogs, even other males . BUT, bring him around another male BULLY and look out. He really has a hate on for them. It really does seem like he can distunguish them from other dogs and I agree, I think it is the dominant/arrogant personality that bully breeds seem to have that he picks up on.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think your right Shawn and Lisa. I noticed two things about the Boxer, he gave Abby complete eye contact and his disposition was very well, dominant. I love the bullies, they'll stick there noses in the air and even without the designer doggy purses and the little sweaters, there still of full of themselves. As for the poodles and toy dogs, the heck with them, there just little unsocialized wimpy brats on the inside :lol:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Jasper loved to play with other dogs, unless it happened to be a husky. She would jump at a husky before i knew what was happening (well, eventually I did catch on :roll: ) Petey just seems to like other dogs regardless but I don't let him around too many to really know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.