Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard now from plenty of people to give ur dog raw eeg, its great for the coat, well i just want to know if i can give it to him even though my pup is on NUVET Plus ( natural vitamin supplement ) I mean the egg is natural and the vitamins is natural, i dont see why not but hey if anyone can give me feed back let me know. Also does anyone of a couple great excercises for my pup ? We play tug of war , wrestle around, and maybe a little fetch here or there. Anything thats new out there ?
Just would like to say thanks for the hits on my last topic/ question....
P.s - can someone help me get a nice pic of my pup like everyone esle has??!?!?!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
hey....next time post this in the health area... might get a few more looks and resposnses.

but the egg.... I've heard its awesome for the coat but only like once a week. You don't want to over do it on the raw stuff if you are feeding kiddble. But I heard just crack it over their food about once a week and they will have a very nice coat.

and for the exercise.... all of those things sounds great but the best exercise is a nice long walk. Wears out the dog, gets them out and about for socialization and just being in the world. I don't know your living situation but spring poles are very good for exercise too. It's a rope hanging from a tree and the dogs can hang from it... sort of like tug of war. someone else can explain it a lot better if you are interested

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I feed my dogs eggs quite often. They are very nutritous and a great source of protien! Just be careful about the raw egg. Some dogs can not tolerate raw egg white. I cook my dogs eggs lightly. I usually leave the yolks runny but I always make sure the white is cooked. If I don't, backyard cleanup can be quite messy! I think if you are concerneed with improving your dogs coat though, I would try a fish oil. I don't really think there's much EFA's in eggs. Maybe in the Omega eggs, but even then I don't think it would be enough to make a difference in your dogs coat. I feed the Kronch Salmon oil. Comes with a pump and its very easy to put on their food! Keeps their coats very nice and has other health benefits as well!

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=160001

·
Registered
99 Posts
I read somewhere, can't remember where, that repeatedly adding raw eggs to a dog's diet can cause a deficiency of the vitamin biotin. This can lead to dermatitis, loss of hair and poor growth. Having written that, we do give our girl cooked egg yolks as treats or with her food. Here's one of the "Toys" our girl fetches. Don't use steel belted, or monitor closely if you do.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Moving to the Health section.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Raw eggs

I give mine eggs once in awhile but not too much and I do cook them years ago I gave em raw but today with the slaminala I cook them I heard that dogs can get this also so i cook them to be safe. I also hearad a little olive oil in there food is good for the coat although I've never tried it. I use a suppliment called Linatone for my chow cause he get very dry skin now that he is 16 and old and it seems to work good on his brittle coat and dry skin

·
Registered
451 Posts
I never give Boss egg, he doesn't get any people food unless it is a bit of fruit or vegetables (he has a hard time with anything else and it's not pretty). But, my Mom used to give our lab/newfie cross a boiled egg once every one - two weeks and we also put a bit of sunflower oil on his food (one teaspoon) once every few days. His coat was absolutely beautiful! I'm not too concerned about Boss' coat, I mean his hair is so short anyway and the food I give him contains fish, so yeah, I don't give him anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if this helps, i had 2 rotti pups and we mixed shreded albocore? possibly with their food for their coats. its been a while and that might not be the fish but you can buy it in any food store and its kinda like tuna but the name just isnt comming to me right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts