Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I too, would like to see more follow up stories, but in general, I'm PRO Cesar. I love when he shows people with "problem" dogs that they are truly the problem, not the dog. I watch that show and get pissed at most of the owners. Some of the topics just seem like common sense issues. I don't believe most of his work is with the dogs as much as the owners. As for how he handles the dogs, I believe many times a strong hand is needed right away for the dogs to realize that he's not as weak as the other humans that particular dog is used to. He makes them manageable so the owners can take over and learn how to act with them.

VIVA CESAR!!! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hail Cesar!

Having never been a dog owner until about 2 years ago, watching Cesar's calm and assertive manner when handling dogs was priceless. Up until then, all I did was watch my neighbors' dogs crap in my yard and bark mindlessly at 6:30 in the morning.

carpe diem,

little jackie

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I like Ceasar. I've used his methods on Legend since the day I've gotten him. I went to one of his seminars and he demonstrated his technique on the dogs that were up for adoption that were there. I do take Legend out on at least 2 mile walks a day. Sometimes I put him on my treadmill at a slow pace.(gotta get a doggie treadmill) I must admit sometimes it is hard for me to give disipline before affection. lol. But I'd say It has worked on Legend. Now my German Shepherd I wouldnt try those techniques on her.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I like him a lot.

The whole point of his show (and something that a lot of people don't seem to get) is that, relatively speaking, the dogs themselves are easy to fix - 99% of the time it's the people that are the problem. That's why you see him doing a lot of his rehab. away from the owners. If you think about it, that's a pretty profound insight and a large departure from the way we commonly think of animals (Americans especially have a strong tendency to anthropomorphize).

·
Registered
243 Posts
For Cesar, it's just a classic example of a rags to riches story. I applaud the guy for utilizing whatever marketable skills he had and making a very lucrative career out of it. Most of my employees are Mexican (legal citizen in case you're wondering) and they absolutely love the guy. They love him not particularly because of his canine expertise, but because of the fact that he made something out of himself. So instead of criticizing of the guy for "selling out" why not just be happy for him?

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I think he is doing a great job at making a effort to educate stupid humans on a broad spectrum...that is more than most humane societys and or "rescue groups" are doing..you dont get informative info on a parking lot Pet Smart adoption day..

Basically he has stepped up to the plate and is putting a single effort into a overwhelming problem..

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just recently watched his show for the first time, and am almost finished with his book. I like most of what he has to say. The things about looking at your family as a sort of "pack"...very interesting and educational.

He is very pro-pitbull, too, which I think is great. In his book he made sure to mention how misunderstood the breed is and how irresponsible people have contributed to the problem.

He is also very pro-exercize...a tired dog is a good dog kind of mentality, which I totally agree with.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts