Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in australia, it pisses me off that we cant get any decent f**king food.

Loki is currently on this, which i was told is pretty dam good, but never looked into it until now, i have noticed he has a few wierd rashes under his arm pits and im wondering if it is his food.

Its called: Optimum (Developed by Waltham)

Guaranteed Analysis: No less that:

Crude Protien 30%
Crude Fat 18%
Moisture (not more than) 10%
Crude Fibre (not more than) 5%
Salt (not more than) 1.5%
Calcium (not less than) 1.2%
Phosphorus (not less than) 0.9%

Avg Metabolised Energy 380cal/100g

Ingrediants:
Poultry and poultry by productsl; Corn; Sorghum; Vegetable Protien; Rice; Animal Tallow (Beef and/or Poultry); Poultry digest; vegetable oil; vegetable fibre; vegetables; di-calcium phosphate; salt; potassium chloride; taurine; vitamin E; choline chloride; zinc sulfate; vitamin C; marigold meal; lucerne meal; tomato powder; antioxidants; plant extracts; ferrous sulphate; copper sulphate; vitamin A; calcium pantothenate; sodium selenite; vitamin b2; vitamin b12; potassium iodide; vitamin b1; niacin; vitamin b6; folic acid.

This is a list of all the products in the food.

I can get Royal Canin over here, but the prices are extortionate! It costs me $8 for a 2kg bag (4.4lb) for his Optimum, but Royal Canin is $38 for a 2kg (4.4) lb bag. Loki goes through 1 bag each week, he gets 3x 1 cup per day, morning, arvo and night. I would love to get him on Royal Canin, but i cant afford it.

Does anyone have any advice? Angus, what are you feeling your boy?

Steve

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I would switch. The first ingredients in that food are horrible. Poultry and by products, and corn. Not good. It should at least say what KIND of poultry.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Stay far, far away from that food!! Poultry and poultry by-products? What animal(s) is that from?? Corn is a cheap filler and common allergen. Animal and poultry digest = nasty and unnecessary. As far as "vegetables" go, you have no idea if they're fresh vegetables or rotten vegetables full of pesticides. I'd definitely switch to Royal Canin if that's the best you can find there.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I feed Kate Royal Canine and have had no skin or allergy issues. Shes been healthy as a clam when she doesnt eat my underwear!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I think that if it is THAT much of a hassle for you to get top notch food.... then dont. Your dog will be okay on something else. But since you have been noticing red spots, maybe try a different food then this one since allergys are commonly linked back to food

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: Can somone do me a fav and have a quick look at this foo

Aussie Wolf said:
now, i have noticed he has a few wierd rashes under his arm pits and im wondering if it is his food.

Steve
it probably come from to much protein and 30% is way to much!! It is a high Performance food or for pregnant or lactating females. Go down on 20% protein.
I use Artemis and there is a distributor for Australia, here is link http://www.artemiscompany.com/html/map/autralia.htm
maybe he can deliver?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I ALWAYS Look for food that has many different meats with no by products. and veggies not too much rice and wheat which are fillers. Always have the glusomine and chrotine
20% protein is plenty
i am on Raw diet and you never have rashes,skin problems,bad breathe,nice coats,nice white teeth
Raw is the best way of life in my opion if you cant find good kibble your way try a raw diet
:D

http://www.barfworld.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts