Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure lots of you guys have dealt with this but, Turo is addicted to Duke's food. Even if he has eaten his fill of his food he cannot resist Cat Chow's Oceans Mix. He is drawn to it like a fat kid to a cupcake.

Everytime he gets close enough to the cats bowl to eat I tell him "NO" he walks away but 5 minutes later is right back there.

The cat free feeds so I am wonderng what is a good deterant for him. Anyone have a good way to deal with this?

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
The only thing that has worked for me is to put the cat's food where the dogs can't get it. Our cat isn't particularly fond of the dogs to begin with and the dogs LOVE rummaging for 'treats' in the litterbox, so our solution was to gate off part of the house (midway down the hallway...cat has free access to the bedrooms and the dogs don't). The litterbox and cat's food is past the gate, where the dogs don't go.

Don't know if that's a viable solution for you, but thought I'd throw it out there :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well we did the old Rubbermaid Storage/Litter Box. And it has worked fabulously. In fact the cat just loves going in there and scratching at the clear plastic walls.

Well live in an apartment and the only room the dog isn't allowed is the bedroom. I would be worth a try though. We do have a free corner lol.

Really because we have a two bedroom apartment we exersise twice a day and give him the run of the place.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
We have a baby gate up to where the cats eat (and poo!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts