Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get Lucy's CGN (canadian version of the Canine Good Citizen) Does anyone know, if there is an age requirement or anything? I couldn't find it on any sites.

Also, how do you go about to get a CD on an American Bulldog?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The CGN test is extremely easy! I don't believe there is an age requirement, but don't quote me on that. I got mine for Roxy 2 years ago (Cathy made me) and I was amazed at how easy the test was. As long as you have some basic obedience you will do fine. For a CD, I believe you need to register Lucy with the North American Mixed Breed Registry, i believe in order to compete.

Here's a link to their website for more info

http://www.nambr.cardoso.ca/index.php

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, I would really like to do the CGN this year at our local dog show, its a CKC show, so I don't if I can enter Lucy in it, cause they aren't recognized. :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Bremner53 said:
Thanks so much, I would really like to do the CGN this year at our local dog show, its a CKC show, so I don't if I can enter Lucy in it, cause they aren't recognized. :dontknow:
I can't remember if i did mine at a ckc show or a ukc show to be honest. Either way, I have a pound puppy and they let me do it no problem, so i wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
i do believe there IS an age requirement . the ukc show is having cgn testing on the friday night (yes bremner you COULD enter! :lol: )
i have to run right now but when i get home i will did up all the info and send it to you.
and elf you KNOW you are happy i made you get that!

p.s. elf we gotta talk :wink:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
attitude said:
i do believe there IS an age requirement . the ukc show is having cgn testing on the friday night (yes bremner you COULD enter! :lol: )
i have to run right now but when i get home i will did up all the info and send it to you.
and elf you KNOW you are happy i made you get that!

p.s. elf we gotta talk :wink:
Yes I am happy! Gotta have someone pushing me to do stuff! Otherwise I procrastinate, forever!

Will call you on my way home :-k

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
The CGC test is a laugh. Anyone can get that and if there is an age requirement I don't think its very old. I am pretty sure I have heard of 6 month old puppies getting it which I don't really agree with. As far as obedience titles maybe you could get one through the UKC? I believe there will also be a correction match at the Brampton (Toronto) UKC show. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to enter that. I should consider that with Rosco actually. I think it is on the friday night.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Bremner53 said:
What is a correction match?
It is kind of a practice for a real obedience trial. You can use motivators (food or toy) and correction collars. It's good for people who want to see where their dog is at before entering a real trial.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don't know about Canada, but the AKC has revised the age limit for the CGC to a 1 year minimum. Yes, it's pretty easy if you have basic obedience, but the point was to encourage the bulk of dog owners who DON'T do much training to get that "basic" stuff down. As such, I heartily approve of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts