Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moose has slowed down in eating and he is not eating enough to keep his weight on so I changed his food to : Hundchen Flocken Puppy food made with fresh Lamb meat by Solid Gold. What do you all think? I tried to score it and it got a C which I'm not happy with BUT maybe I scored it wrong. If anyone know anything about this food let me know. He does like it.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Debs, are you sure you are not just feeding him too much? All the pictures I have seen of Moose he has looked to be in good condition. How much do you feed him per day and how long are you leaving the food down for?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lisa,
This has just started. The not eating well. If you remember he has been a funny dog when it comes to food. I feed him 4 cups a day and I have benn doing this for months. The food bag said I should feed more but 1. he won't eat more and 2. He looks good and I don't want a fat dog.
Now he is eating about 2 1/2 - 3 cups a day. I leave the food down for about 10 min. If he walks away for more then 5 min. ( he get distracted with the family and noise) I pick it up and he won't get more until the next feeding. I feed in the morning at 7 and in the evening at 6.
I changed food and he likes it and eats all of it but I scored it and it only got a C (if I did it right). I get this food at a all natural pet food store and it is Solid Gold that I thought was a great food. Don't want to start feeding bad food since he has always been on good food.
Thanks for any help you can give.
debs

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Don't go by the score. There was probably a mistake, but there's no point in scoring it. There is nothing wrong with this food, it's actually a excellent food!

Here's the ingredients:
Hundchen Flocken Puppy (lamb)
Lamb | Lamb Meal | Millet | Brown Rice | Menhaden Fish Meal | Cracked Pearled Barley | Canola Oil | Rice Bran | Flaxseed Oil | Amaranth | Blueberries | Dried Chicory Root | Carotene | Choline Chloride | Vitamin E Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Zinc Proteinate | Yucca Schidigera Extract | Copper Proteinate | Manganese Proteinate | Potassium Iodide | Thiamine Mononitrate | Ascorbic Acid | Vitamin A Supplement | Biotin | Calcium Panthothenate | Sodium Selenite | Pyridoxine Hydrochloride | Vitamin B12 Supplement | Riboflavin | Vitamin D Supplement | Folic Acid |

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I thought when I bought it, that it is good food. Thank you very much Care for checking it out. I pretty much thought the Solid Gold brand food was and is a good one. I'm glad because Moose likes it and it's nice (for him) to have a change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.