Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this question has been asked before so I am asking. Moose will be 1 years old on Sat. and I would like to know when is a good time to change him to an adult dog food. He is now eating Wolfcub Large Breed Puppy Food. Should he be changed now or when he is 18 monhths since they still develope until 18 month or so. Any advise would be great.
debs

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I switched Haus at around 7 months.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I suggest fro large breeds to be switched around 5-8 months depending on the dog. I would definitaley switch him as soon as you can.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I keep hearing that it's perfectly fine to not even feed your dog puppy food, as long as they are getting enough calories from a high quality kibble (which means feeding them up to twice as much of adult food to a pup of the same weight.) If I'm not mistaken, large breed puppy food has Glucosamine and Condroitin in it to ease stress on joints as the dog is growing. We switched Bella over to adult food at about 7 or 8 months and her growth has been steady. She seems to be really thriving on an adult formula, so I think we made the right choice.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Thank you guy. I guess I will switch him when this bag is done which will be in a couple of weeks. I just didn't want to change to early.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I never fed Loki puppy food. I didn't see the benefit to it. Just make sure when you switch, this goes for any food, just do it gradually. Switching overnight can really upset their stomachs.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
debs said:
Well Thank you guy. I guess I will switch him when this bag is done which will be in a couple of weeks. I just didn't want to change to early.

Hey Debs - if you are going to switch him, it might be good to use the rest of this bag as a mix (half and half) into the new bag. Makes it easier for his stomach to get used to. Pat
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts