Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE
I just got home from the vet...it's not good. I'm pretty upset, just cause thats what happens when people are stupid and don't breed dogs for the right reasons. She said it looks pretty out of control and needs to be operated on ASAP and that it is probably genetic. They gave us 2 choices, one cheaper than the other. Either to do a biopsy and just use a general anesthetic (not put to sleep) then send it away OR do the whole shebang, take the whole papiloma off and the overgrowth of padding and potentially remove his toe (if it comes back not benign.)
We decided to go for the whole thing...$520 surgery but this dog is too special to us to do otherwise. He goes in on Friday morning! Good thoughts guys....I'm very worried, even if it is just a paw!

I posted on another forum awhile ago of Chapps' paw but it has gotten much worse and he is going to the vet first thing tomorrow. It seemed to have gotten horrible the last 2,3 days.

I took him to the vet when I first noticed these growths forming on his right paw and she told me to moniter him and make sure it doesn't bother him. In the last few weeks it has grown and is now noticably sticking out of his paw and affecting him. I feel so horrible, I have soaked it in Epsum salts but he needs surgery (the vet said) if it didn't heal up!

Here are some pictures. On our left, it's a huge thing known as a papiloma that probably tripled in size, and on the right is an overgrowth of padding but is raw and infected from him licking in while in his crate! I feel soo horrible!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Awww poor Chaps. Isn't a Papiloma a wart?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would hold off on the surgery for a week and get to a drug store and buy Nizoral, wet the paw put the shampoo on and let it sit for a while then rinse off, do this for about a week and it should heal up- it's a fungus and nizoral treats this (and dandruff too!!)

I had a dog with exact same thing and it worked wonders.

JMO

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Awww...I'm so sorry to hear that. Poor guy. Best of luck with the surgery!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Poor baby. I hope everything goes well and he makes a full recovery. If it's any consolation, I don't think $520 is very expensive at all for surgery.

·
Registered
421 Posts
aww poor chapps... hope he gets better soon!!
it's so scary when it comes to surgery, Taurus had to get one of his back toes
amputated... so i know how you feel....
keep us updated! we'll all be thinking of him!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts