Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie went to see the new vet yesterday and he said that her legs are fine. He said that he dosen't see how I could ruin her legs by feeding her on large breed puppy food when she is a large breed. He also said that he dosen't recomend Iams but to try a food called Purina so I'm goin to do that.

Here are some pics,

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
she looks fabulous! I'm glad her legs are okay too!

But acutally, purina is worse then Iams. Check out the food and ratings thread at the top of this section. The very first post has the ratings for Iams and Purina... both got either D's or F's. Theres some other foods on there that have scored much much better, even some at Petco and Petsmart. I feed Kate Royal Canine. It has a bulldog formula and even tho there is an English Bulldog on the front, since it doesn't specify on the bag and I haven't heard other wise yet (there is a post on it somewhere on here that I skimmed through and didn't see that anyone had found out it was for EB's only) so I still feed it to her.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kate, I have actually printed that list out but haven't got round to reading it yet. I've decided to take the list to a few pet stores and hopefully find a food that is graded A. I will look out for Royal canine but I live in the U.K and we don't half of the foods on that list. I can't seem to find them anyway if they do. I will keep lookin though.

Thanks for the advice

Jx

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
jayse2303 said:
Thanks Kate, I have actually printed that list out but haven't got round to reading it yet. I've decided to take the list to a few pet stores and hopefully find a food that is graded A. I will look out for Royal canine but I live in the U.K and we don't half of the foods on that list. I can't seem to find them anyway if they do. I will keep lookin though.

Thanks for the advice

Jx
Here is the link to the Royal Canin UK retailer search. Just enter your post code and it will tell you if and who sells it around you. http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/default.aspx?page=65

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Tinkerbell, they sell that food at the store where I usually get Charlie's food from. I will be feeding her on that from now on (or as soon as I've been to get some anyway).

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
jayse2303 said:

Thanks for the advice

Jx
Even here, most of those foods can't be found at pet stores. Normally it's places that you'd associate with equestrian feed and tack that carry the higher end dog foods.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Kelly said:
I went to that site and typed in my zip code ( 19033) and nothing came up,does that mean that food is not carried anywere near me????
If you have a petco or petsmart it should be there no matter what. If you don't have one of those around then I guess that means there are no places around you that do carry it. Being in the US tho I find that odd.

But wow... the more I look at charlie the more I realize she is just so freaking cute!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts