Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do rescue for the local shelter and we had a little brindle boxer mamma come in owner surrender..prego by AB..also surrendered..

Guess whos baby sitting for 8 to 10 weeks..I will post more pics next week..

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
omg how cute!! and what a horrible horrible story. a$$holes!!!! why would you get a dog preggy and then surrender. my god does that make me mad :evil:

can i keep them?

·
Banned
3,504 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWW! How absolutely adorable! How sad, though,t hat someone surrendered them. ugh.

At least they'll have a good babysitter for the next couple of months! :D

Tara

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kate said:
omg how cute!! and what a horrible horrible story. a$$holes!!!! why would you get a dog preggy and then surrender. my god does that make me mad :evil:

can i keep them?
I have seven little ones at the house, but mamma and I have been back and fourth to vet she is in terrible shape all bones..ribs showing, spine showing and tailbone..no prenatal..obviously..a young couple, stupid couple :evil: :evil: did not know what they got theirselves into and decided it was easier to make a donation and dump them..mamma only weighed in at 52 lbs with babies..ssssoooo sad..so mamma and children are staying with me since my local shelter is a high kill shelter..My Boss Boy is in distress he has no clue what is going on or what all the strange smells are..mamma was in labor from Sunday until 4:30 am Tuesday..we lost one baby the first born :cry: ..everyone else is fine "except mamma" :cry: ...The vets and I are working on her and feeding babies since mom is not so healthy..and we dont know her history..

Any suggestions or pointers will be greatly appriciated..

e

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Those pups are adorable. (what pup isn't, right?) Good luck getting momma back in good health. Kudos to you for taking her in like that. =D>

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Boy I wish I lived closer to you so I could help. I bottle fed kittens before and I know it takes alot of time to keep them all fed. I am happy you were there for them. How is the father because you said they surrendered him too. I hope everyone will be alright.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
i know your vet is working on this with you, but to keep weight on nursing mama, feed puppy food, supplement with puppy formula. i've also heard that cottage cheese helps put weight on a dog. are the puppies nursing okay on the bottles? poor things - all of them.

How much fun are you having, though. I love having newborn pups around - no matter how much work it is.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
augrad said:
i know your vet is working on this with you, but to keep weight on nursing mama, feed puppy food, supplement with puppy formula. i've also heard that cottage cheese helps put weight on a dog. are the puppies nursing okay on the bottles? poor things - all of them.

How much fun are you having, though. I love having newborn pups around - no matter how much work it is.
I have got mamma on puppy food and a supplement..she is gaining but very very slow..and pups are nursing from bottles ok.. but they definitley would rather have their mamma..my vets main concern is it was obvious she had no prenatal care and she is soooo undernurished..she is producing plenty but the pups drain her sooo fast..it looks like the puppy food combined with supplements is working out well in three weeks she has gained about seven pounds of weight while nursing..I think we have this one..

And as far as the daddy goes one of the other girls at the shelter took him in he is neutered "now" and in good hands..great dog very smart well mannered but who knows where he came from or out of but it doesnt matter..mamma goes in next week to be spayed so this will never happen again and I will have to do allllllll of the feedings until pups are ready for homes..my plan is to spay and neuter all pups before they are adopted but being a single income family we have to take baby steps or have a fund raiser at my daughters school for them..but I am on it..

Thank you for all of your support..and yes they are so much work but worth every little tiny minute of it..ttttoooo cute..and sooo sweet..

e

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Kudos to you for a job well done!!! Good luck finding good homes for all the pups!!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Erica,
Bless you and your big heart!! Those pups are adorable!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts