Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely need some opinions about this particular situation we're having:

1. Chelsea usually gets fed once per day. She self-regulates her diet, usually visiting her full bowl and eating half earlier in the day and the rest in the late afternoon. Things have always gone well with her feeding in this manner.

2. Three days ago she began to eat her entire portion for the day in one sitting, so to speak. She began begging for our food badly and seemed to be a bottomless pit.

3. Same day that this began, she vomited a small portion of her meal up a few hours after she had it.

4. Every day since she's been gourging, begging, and then vomiting. Her coat is not looking healthy in the least and she's generally lethargic.

5. Last night and today she vomited more than once. Last night about twice and today 3 times. The actual matter she's bringing up ranges from food to being foamy whitish/yellow mucus.

6. She will not touch any food or water today.

My father believes she may have a case of worms. She was due for her dewormer again, so I took care of it tonight. (She wasn't happy!)

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
kind of gross.... but how is her poo? is it normal looking or is it starting to get runny or has it gone down to she isnt going?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I worry anytime they become lethargic and susggest getting her to the vet to get to the bottom of what ever it is she may have before it gets any worse.With her not drinking water she will become dehydrated and will need fluids.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
When she starts eating again, divide up her food into two meals - one in the morning and one in the evening. Feeding one big meal can sometimes lead to bloat or even GDV. I've seen a dog go through this - it was horrible. :cry:

Hope she gets to feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
blockage

Could she have gotten into something that may have caused a blockage?
My rotty did this and it grew worst everyday just like you are descibing I don't want to scare you but we lost the rotty
I wouldn't take any chances go see your vet. Our rotty did this then slowly he stopped eating all together over a matter of a few days and just layed around they found cancer a mass around his lung on the outside. Don't take no chances have him checked.
throwing up once in a while can be nothing but if he is getting worse by the day don't fool around

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
JosieNoelle said:
I definitely need some opinions about this particular situation we're having:

1. Chelsea usually gets fed once per day. She self-regulates her diet, usually visiting her full bowl and eating half earlier in the day and the rest in the late afternoon. Things have always gone well with her feeding in this manner.

2. Three days ago she began to eat her entire portion for the day in one sitting, so to speak. She began begging for our food badly and seemed to be a bottomless pit.

3. Same day that this began, she vomited a small portion of her meal up a few hours after she had it.

4. Every day since she's been gourging, begging, and then vomiting. Her coat is not looking healthy in the least and she's generally lethargic.

5. Last night and today she vomited more than once. Last night about twice and today 3 times. The actual matter she's bringing up ranges from food to being foamy whitish/yellow mucus.

6. She will not touch any food or water today.

My father believes she may have a case of worms. She was due for her dewormer again, so I took care of it tonight. (She wasn't happy!)

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks so much.
I'd take her to the vet - today. It sounds like a blockage, which will be fatal if not taken care of.

Have you noticed if she's still pooping?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is still pooping and it is it's normal consistency and color. Today she decided she wanted to have the first half of her food (Thanks Augrad) and she did get half a bowl of water down this morning, Kelly. Halo & Chrisnjen, she never eats anything but her own food. We have always had a hard time getting her to even play with chew toys...So I doubt she'd eat anything that would cause a blockage. Nonetheless, I'll have to get that ruled out by a Vet.

Thank you so much for the responses!

I was looking up her symptoms online and became worried by the mentioning of parvo. Do these symptoms sound typical of that virus?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
You may want to Pm or ask this person who's pup just got over having parvo: apbtgurl26
She has a post in this section as well on it you may want to check out.
Glad she is drinking and got some food down.
Keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Parvo they usually have extremely bad diarhea as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does she have a dry cough?

My dogs just recently came down with the "kennel cough" which is like a dog cold which last about a week. Does your dog have a dry cough (sometimes produces a white foamy vomit, small amount)? Is it congested? But I would definately get your pet to the vet! ASAP. It is nothing to play around with. But if your vet says it is the kennel cough, our vet reccomended Robitussin DM. The dosage is: 1tsp (5cc.) twice daily for large dogs and 1/2 tsp (2.5cc) twice daily for smaller dogs. The Robitussin helped tremendously and they were over the kennel cough in a couple of days.

Good luck with your baby.

Carol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update!

Turns out Chelsea just had some sort of upset stomach. Within a couple of days of my posting she began eating and drinking again, stopped ALL vomiting and finally began to exhibit her usual bowel movements. She is -extremely- energetic again, wanting to play with her beloved ball all over the house. It's SO good to have her back to her usual self.

Thank you -everyone-. I appreciated the input so very much. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.