Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
FYI there are more then one method for tacking down. I just went through 2 cherry eyes with my English Bull. He originally had cherry eye in one eye and the vet stitched the tear duct down right under the lid (close to the surface) and it popped right back out within 3 days. It also looked inflammed and irriatated because of the surgery. His other eye then popped out and we were very worried, to prevent as little pain as possible. So we were advised to leave his eyes alone for a week because of the irritation. This did not sit well with us because he was in obvious pain and was not being himself. So we got him in with another vet recommended and she did a surgery on him which involved stitching it the actual bone. This procedure worked beautifully, no swelling and hes back to his old self. We were very worried about this for a while and it became a lot more serious then I had expected. I'm just happy we found a wonderful vet and have our little boy back in spirit and back with his beautiful face minus the cherry eye. Please have a big chat with your vet before your dog goes into this surgery. Hope this helps. :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.