Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off sorry for my text I'm typing from my cell phone.

Ok I know part of this is because my Rexy was taken from his mommy early and part is from him being a pup. He likes to chew everything. I put almost everything but he still manages to get them lol. He can't destroy things yet Thank God. This morning I went in his room and he had climbed up onto this old tv I had in there lol. inhave a pic will post later. I now have to move everything out the room. Anyway how can I show him what's wrong and right? I say No and move him but he keeps going for it. what can I do without hitting him? I hate when people do that so I won't. I tried the nudge thing and it works but it makes me feel bad. TIA

Oh he has some chew toys already but prefer thing he can't have lol.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Find a good toy that he likes. When he chews something replace it with the toy and praise him when he chews the toy. You have to be consistent and it may take some time, but it should work. He will grow out of it with time also, after he loses his puppy teeth. Maybe try a kong or something cold for his gums.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
They make a bitter apple stuff that you can put on things as well to make them stop. It works with my pups. I started using it when Dixie was a puppy. I use it now especially when I caught Cato taking my couch cushion off my sofa!

Got it at petsmart.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Bitter Apple Spray works like a charm.My dogs hate it.When Buster was in the chewing faze( he is again cause he is loosing his puppy teeth) I went and bought the Nyla Bone teething ring and he loves it,he has been munching on that thing a lot lately because he is loosing his puppy teeth so he is teething right now.......LOL

I also gave him empty plastic jugs like the 2 liter of soda and let him mess with that but you have to keep an eye and take it when they start to get pieces off.I also bought the Nyla ball which has little nubs all over it and he loves that as well.It acts like a gum massager(SP)You can also try the kong balls( they have one for teething pups) and fill it with peanut butter and freeze it then give it to him which will give him something to chew and lick on and keep him bust for an hour or so :wink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree with other posts. Puppies chew, so it is just a question of reinforcing them to chew on what they are supposed to. Puppies have no idea what they should chew on; they just know they have that strong urge.

Puppy Kongs are great because you can stuff them with Kong spray or similar. Pop a freeze dried liver in it as well and you have a puppy pacifier. We bought Zeus several Kongs and other “stuffable” toys and just give him those when he is chewing something to divert him back to his stuff.

Putting some toys in the freezer is also a neat trick. Some dogs love that.

Praise, repetition, and finding the toys they prefer is key.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
deuce"s mommy said:
Find a good toy that he likes. When he chews something replace it with the toy and praise him when he chews the toy. You have to be consistent and it may take some time, but it should work. He will grow out of it with time also, after he loses his puppy teeth. Maybe try a kong or something cold for his gums.
I agree and also with the Bitter apple Like sajoseph said they both work good.

But oh the climbing Stage i remember that stage well, my halo was the climber here I swear he has billy goat in him. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts