Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often and what is everyone cleaning their dogs ears with? Currently, I clean use an ear wash by Halo and do it once a week. I heard just wiping the flaps with witch hazel is fine too.

Just curious.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Thor said:
How often and what is everyone cleaning their dogs ears with? Currently, I clean use an ear wash by Halo and do it once a week. I heard just wiping the flaps with witch hazel is fine too.

Just curious.
Honestly I have never cleaned Mags' ears - and she is almost 3 - and she has never ever had any sort of ear problems. When I take her to get professionally groomed (maybe 3 or 4 times a year - mostly just for her nails) they clean her ears for me but I've never done it - one of the perks of NOT CROPPING - all that crap doesn't get into their ears. My vet told me I didn't have to clean them myself as long as she was getting them cleaned every couple months by the groomer.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I've never cleaned Bella's or Remy's ears except for outside of the ear canal with a Q-Tip to get the waxy build-up off. I've never used an ear wash or anything like that in their ear canal, and they've never had any ear problems. (Knock on wood!)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My boxer has to have her ears cleaned at least once a week in the summer, and every other week in winter (more dirt gets in there in the summer). She's very prone to "yeast infections" in her ear because they're floppy. My pitbull has floppy ears too, but we've yet to have a problem with his. I use something I bought from our vet - not sure of the name - but I will add the info when I get home tonight...it works really well! :D

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
apbtgurl26 said:
My boxer has to have her ears cleaned at least once a week in the summer, and every other week in winter (more dirt gets in there in the summer). She's very prone to "yeast infections" in her ear because they're floppy. My pitbull has floppy ears too, but we've yet to have a problem with his. I use something I bought from our vet - not sure of the name - but I will add the info when I get home tonight...it works really well! :D
Okay - the brand of the stuff I use is RXV Ear Cleansing Solution. It says it's formulated to deodorize, clean, dry, and acidify the ear canal. Like I said it's good stuff. I only paid like $8 at the vet for it, and it's a pretty big bottle. Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I get these Ear wipes from Petsmart but I only use them about once a month. The dogs ears are fine!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ever since i got Luna now both my dogs dig in the dirt and roll around in it alot. So a had to get this stuff to clean out there ears and i just had Peanut to the vet cause his ear got all red and he was walking with his head tilted cause it was bothering him. I have been cleaning both there ears once a week with Epi-Otic cleaner and i have to put Otomax in his ear two times a day. I work in a Vet supply warehouse and i get everything at cost so i guess it alot cheaper for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.