Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Kennel cough is usually a liquid they shoot up her nose. You don't remember anything like that?

Either way, even with the vaccine, they can still get kennel cough. It's like a flu vaccine - the virus can mutate. But it really sucks if they lied to you about giving the vaccine. That said, if she does have kennel cough now, there is no point in giving her the vaccine now.

I would take her to the vet anyway. They can still give her meds to make her feel better.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Hey BullD - the best thing to do is repost this as a new topic (use the button near the top of the health and exercise thread - then just copy and paste). It will get more response that way.

That said - what you're describing sounds like what my vet calls "reverse sneezing." There are lots of ideas on why this happens, but to me it seems like a spasm in the soft palate or throat muscles. It's very common in smaller dogs, but can happen to big dogs too. Is this something that just started? If he has kennel cough, he will be very snotty in his nose and eyes, and will have a fever.

But IMO, it's always better to be safe than sorry. If you're really worried about it, or it seems to be getting worse, talk to your vet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.