Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AB female's collar rubs a spot on her neck where it seems to dig in. It's a typical Flat nylon collar. It isn't too small - I can easily get two fingers under is, but it still rubs that spot. Is there a better sort of collar that will not do this? I've never had this problem with a dog before.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
She could be allergic to the nylon. Try finding or ordering a cotton collar
http://www.collargirl.com/cotton_collars.htm
Do you have nylon carpet? I only ask bc if you do and she gets a lot of bumps( or any other allergy syptoms) that isolates your problem to nylon.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have wood or tile floors. Since it's just in one spot it doesn't seem like an allergic reaction to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just passing by and read this...
:idea:

My only question\suggestion is do you take off the collar at night? If not, maybe you should! Hope it helps :wink:

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I would also maybe look into rolled collars instead of the flat ones. Or like someone else mentioned - take the flat collar off of her when she is inside.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
absent said:
We have wood or tile floors. Since it's just in one spot it doesn't seem like an allergic reaction to me.
Since you dont have carpet and it is only in one spot that makes me think that it is an allergy...When people breakout all over there body it is usually becuase they have ingested something but when the allergan is external the rash or out break usually begins in the area that contacted the allergan...... My friend is allergic to silver and she only breaks out where she has been touched by silver. Then again something like this is a process of elimination, good luck

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Kaia and Dino both have this same problem. They just have very thin hair on the underside of their necks, and the collar rubs it off. You could try a narrower collar or the rolled leather one that tinkerbell suggested

·
Registered
214 Posts
Collar rubbing

My AB has sensitive skin too, so he sleeps "naked" and that seems to help. I only put his collar on when he is going to be outside. He is a spoiled house dog so he has it off more than on. Problem solved.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about the rolled collars, but wasn't sure it would make a difference - I may give those a try. Until then - It'll be off with the collar at night. Actually the collar has been off for a couple days not, trying to get the hair to grow back.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Tinkerbell said:
I would also maybe look into rolled collars instead of the flat ones. Or like someone else mentioned - take the flat collar off of her when she is inside.
We use leather rolled collars, they are very gentle and last a long time. I don't like nylon collars on my dogs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts