Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is white a dominate or recessive gene?? From my understanding..the blue fawn is a double recessive gene..now if a white were to cross with a double recessive gene..would the white be the primary color from the result?? I'm guessing that white will be like black and be a dominat gene..but I'm not sure.. I'm trying to learn color genetics on my own ..& haven't found any really good websites..any info would be great or links to sites on the genetics behind colors..

·
Registered
704 Posts
White is dominant...I have always had predominately white pups in bulldogs...at least one solid white, and almost always heavy white with patches of color. As far as breeding a dominant to a recessive, both parents must carry the recessive gene to guarantee color, but all pups would be born with the gene. (so if you bred a non-colored pup who carried the color gene to a pup with color, you would get color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.