Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My abd is about a year old now and the other day she started grunting...she sounds like a pig. Almost like shes trying to get something out of her throat. I figured it would pass but she keeps doing it. Any idea what it might be?

thanks

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Big Deezul said:
My abd is about a year old now and the other day she started grunting...she sounds like a pig. Almost like shes trying to get something out of her throat. I figured it would pass but she keeps doing it. Any idea what it might be?

thanks
It could be kennel cough, best bet is to ring your vet.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Big Deezul said:
thats what I thought too, but she was just vaccinated for it last month....could she still have gotten it?
Yes, it is like our common cold, so many varities.

Does she cough after drinking? this is also a sign. Some vets treat with antibiotics, but I have heard a few owners not wanting to (I cant r'member why)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
My staffy Grunts like a pig but its nothing its just something they do. Not sure on an AB though Mine have been checked at vet and they are fine. But its sort like a sorting I would say more than a grunt. If its a cough or like clearing the throut kind of thing I'd keep an eye on it and ask your vet

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
halo said:
My staffy Grunts like a pig but its nothing its just something they do. Not sure on an AB though Mine have been checked at vet and they are fine. But its sort like a sorting I would say more than a grunt. If its a cough or like clearing the throut kind of thing I'd keep an eye on it and ask your vet
Roxy does that snorting thing, and sneezys' when ppl smoke around her too.

·
Registered
426 Posts
How is she now? Does she do it when she first gets up in the morning? Tia has had kennel cough twice and she only 9 months old! She got antibiotics from the vet each time. I'd get her checked out if I were you. If it is kennel cough, you've got to try and keep her away from other dogs :?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its just every once in a while. Its like she is trying to clear her throat. We have another dog who shows no symptoms. This is not her normal snort...its something new

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Tora is an AB and she grunts all the time.......I know that she is in good health bc she has to go the Vet every month for heartworm pills since she is growing so fast..The vet said that she can't predict within proper range for Tora wweight for the pills so she sees our vet every month.. :shock:

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Sounds like what Kate does.... It is like she has something in her nose and she is trying to get it out by sucking in and it makes a grunting type noise. She will do this randomly but it seems to be worse during the spring, I think it has to do with allergies. The trainer said they they do it when they have something in their nose.

If that is what it is.... nothing to be worried about and not worth the $ to go to the vet because there is nothing they can do. It is like when you get something up your nose and you have to blow your nose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts