Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brady has done this for a while, after he will play for a extended period of time with my moms dog or any dog for that matter he will start coughing a bit, but thats the only time he does it, doesnt do it any other time, any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
staffiens said:
brady has done this for a while, after he will play for a extended period of time with my moms dog or any dog for that matter he will start coughing a bit, but thats the only time he does it, doesnt do it any other time, any ideas?
How old is Brady?

Paula
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PaulaEdwina said:
staffiens said:
brady has done this for a while, after he will play for a extended period of time with my moms dog or any dog for that matter he will start coughing a bit, but thats the only time he does it, doesnt do it any other time, any ideas?
How old is Brady?

Paula
hes 10 months old, and he was checked for heart worms n ot that long ago
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
staffiens said:
PaulaEdwina said:
staffiens said:
brady has done this for a while, after he will play for a extended period of time with my moms dog or any dog for that matter he will start coughing a bit, but thats the only time he does it, doesnt do it any other time, any ideas?
How old is Brady?

Paula
hes 10 months old, and he was checked for heart worms n ot that long ago
Well that's all I got. If he was elderly I would have said he needs a check for congestive heart failure - one symptom is exercise intolerance. But that was the extent of my contribution.

Paula
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PaulaEdwina said:
staffiens said:
PaulaEdwina said:
staffiens said:
brady has done this for a while, after he will play for a extended period of time with my moms dog or any dog for that matter he will start coughing a bit, but thats the only time he does it, doesnt do it any other time, any ideas?
How old is Brady?

Paula
hes 10 months old, and he was checked for heart worms n ot that long ago
Well that's all I got. If he was elderly I would have said he needs a check for congestive heart failure - one symptom is exercise intolerance. But that was the extent of my contribution.

Paula
yea its odd, like he will still play but stops for a min, coughs like, almos tlike a choke acually, then continues playing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cinder said:
Does he hack something up when he does this?
some times its like sticky spit, almost like if i was to have a dry throat and would try to spit....same thing ....thanks for asking that, kinda jogged my memory on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,604 Posts
No one's thinking kennel cough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
re: cough

my mom has a lab/chow/shepard mix, Dazy. Dazy does this often. Normally after playing with my moms Siberian Husky. However, she didn't start doing this until she became over weight. She coughs to the point that she hacks up a mucusy spit. We give her water and she's good to go. We brought her to the vet, and the vet only explanation was that the weight was making her asthmatic. I know Mastiffs are traditionally larger dogs, but not too sure when you mix it with the American Staffordshire. Not sure if that helps. If he takes more after his Mastiff side, is it possible that he is just playing hard? Have you had him cheked by your vet regarding this? What does your vet say?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,577 Posts
staffiens said:
Cinder said:
Does he hack something up when he does this?
some times its like sticky spit, almost like if i was to have a dry throat and would try to spit....same thing ....thanks for asking that, kinda jogged my memory on it

I ask this b/c our boy does this, too. It's just kind of his "cough"...he's not overweight...he's not sick (lord knows we take him to the vet every time he looks at us funny)...I think he just gets a tickle in his throat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,577 Posts
Cookies Mom said:
could be signs f an allerigy.

I think that's very likely. He's a very allergic boy...grass and the such get to him. We have him on a no wheat diet, he's allergic to that. If he starts to get itchy and what not, we put aloe vera on the hot spots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,577 Posts
We usually give him Benadryl if his side starts getting bumps. I figure he's probably an allergic mess like his mom (me). :shock:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top