Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night Kallie started with this coughing sound. She's done it before when she ate something she didn't like it sounded like she was trying to cough it back it up, but last night she didn't have anything new. They only thing different we did to her was we put a new kind of flea medicine on her. She coughed through the night last night and this morning when we woke up she started again. I don't know if she's coming down with a cold or if there is anything we can get at the pet store to stop her coughing since we might have caught it soon or do we need to take her to the vet? Can you help?

·
Banned
3,926 Posts
Roxy said:
http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?p=116591&highlight=cough#116591

Maybe Kennel cough
:withstupid: CHECK THAT FIRST p.s not calling you stupid rox you now i luv ya ! :wink:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She has had her vaccines for kennel cough but I know Roxy your dog got it even with the vaccines. If she has it I have no clue where she would've gotten it. She hasn't been around any dogs or anything. I called my boyfriend this morning to check on her and he said that she hasn't coughed since I left that's been about 2 hours ago and she's been sound asleep. Someone at work told me that she might be allergic to the flea prevention stuff we put on her. We are going to give her a bath today to wash it off and see if she's better.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
ALPHAMALE said:
Roxy said:
http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?p=116591&highlight=cough#116591

Maybe Kennel cough
:withstupid: CHECK THAT FIRST p.s not calling you stupid rox you know i luv ya ! :wink:
lol thanks :) guess if they had a sign which said "I'm with this foxy lady" then you would have used that ;)

Gator, sometimes I add a spuirt of lemon juice to my dogs water, this help. Also on the link on my first post I believe there are some remedies for coughs.

And KC is airbourne.

Look in her mouth is it red at the back? maybe she has got something stuck in her throat?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok we gave her alcohol free robitussin last night and she's doing a lot better. She didn't cough at all through the night and this morning when we got up she coughed maybe once or twice. So I think everything's ok. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts