Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get a good profile shot of her because she's either looking at me or playing with Haus...

Here's two that show what I'm talking about:

She's bent down so it makes it look a little worse, but not much. :( My poor girl, I hope it's just her being so hyper.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I missed a post somewhere, but I take it you're worried about her being so thin? My foster dog Dante was always like that. There was nothing wrong with him, and I free fed him (6-8 cups a day!) - he just had that kind of metabolism. Lucky [email protected]@rd.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Hmm, I think you said you had her dewormed, right? Maybe they could check again to see if she has a different kind of worm? I don't know.. Nala is a slow gainer too. Could be their high energy. How much does Justice eat?

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LuvaBULL said:
Hmm, I think you said you had her dewormed, right? Maybe they could check again to see if she has a different kind of worm? I don't know.. Nala is a slow gainer too. Could be their high energy. How much does Justice eat?
3 cups a day, the same amount as Haus! I can't free feed her, she'd eat until she made herself sick. She's going to the vet on August 17th, and getting a fecal sample done.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
You might save yourself a little money and get quicker results if you just take in a stool sample. Just let them know you're coming, and make sure the sample is less than 2 hours old.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
augrad said:
You might save yourself a little money and get quicker results if you just take in a stool sample. Just let them know you're coming, and make sure the sample is less than 2 hours old.
They have to go in for rabies shots anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our dows is really skinny I know he isn't starving because he leaves food sitting in his bowl. He runs all day long though so I guess he just burns a lot off.

I guess you can't see it that well but you can see his ribs and sometimes his back bone a little I don't know if it's that he is thin or that Bo isn't

·
Agent Squint
4,224 Posts
I switched Roxy back to large puppy food, as she nevers seems to put any wieght on. She's looking much better for it, either that, or her calming down and not bolting about so much.

Edit: plus I do allow her to eat as much as she needs.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I dont have any good pics to show...but Scarlet was the same way when she was a pup. She still is...its gotten better but her ribs always have and still do show. I think it just because she has a high metabolism...we try to make her gain but she never does! We were worried a lot as well when she was a pup but the vets always sais she was fine shes just a leaner dog! I would keep on her though...make sure she has no worms...but I am sure thats just going to be the way she is. She just a lean dog.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh she is one skinny little girl. I hope everything turns out ok at the vet's.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Brodie had the same build. I was always worried that he was too thin, but maybe thats just the way they are? I would imagine that dogs have as many different "body styles" as humans do? Or someone mentioned metabolism too, but if they are going in for shots anyway, cant hurt to mention it to the vet, gives you piece of mind anyway! She sure is a cutie though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.