Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I need you help on something (& thought others could chime in too :wink: ).

As we've somewhat discussed, we hog hunt too with several of our APBTs. The thing is, I've got a great prospect however, 2 guys (my good friend's husband & his friend) want me to bring a couple of dogs & go out with them, but they have some stupid superstition about hunting with white dogs--which this one is. What is their reaon? Well, I was told by one of them that they don't like using white dogs b/c the hogs/boars can see them coming better. Ummmm.....that has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. (one would think that the bay dogs pretty much deafeat the purpose of a "sneak" attack on a hog :lol: ).

Anyways, I'm trying to logically debate with these jugheads & it seems like I'm speaking to the lightpost in the front yard. Any ideas? Have you ever dealt with people that let their superstitions get in the way of using good dogs?

PS- And until we get this resolved, I'm not sure I want to hunt with these "misguided" people or send my dogs out with them. Makes me wonder........... :roll:

·
Registered
626 Posts
yea ...lol...white bulldogs have been used almost exclusivly in the south for catch dogs like ole southern white and white english(the foundation stock for modern day american bulldogs for thoes that didnt know) and look at the dogo its big and white and alot of the time no baydogs are used in argintina an all dogo pack is common.we hunt mostly at night and use baydogs(dark color catahoulas) and bulldogs/pits/dogos that are white so the hog wont be able to see a dog untill it hits him in the dark and a big advantage of having a white catchdog is when you get to the hog you will know wich end is the head and wich end is the back legs because the catchdog will be on the head somewhere..just go prove them wrong.if the baydog/s do there job the catchdog can do his regardless of the color day or night...rs

·
Registered
195 Posts
Miakoda said:
Hey! I need you help on something (& thought others could chime in too :wink: ).

As we've somewhat discussed, we hog hunt too with several of our APBTs. The thing is, I've got a great prospect however, 2 guys (my good friend's husband & his friend) want me to bring a couple of dogs & go out with them, but they have some stupid superstition about hunting with white dogs--which this one is. What is their reaon? Well, I was told by one of them that they don't like using white dogs b/c the hogs/boars can see them coming better. Ummmm.....that has got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. (one would think that the bay dogs pretty much deafeat the purpose of a "sneak" attack on a hog :lol: ).

Anyways, I'm trying to logically debate with these jugheads & it seems like I'm speaking to the lightpost in the front yard. Any ideas? Have you ever dealt with people that let their superstitions get in the way of using good dogs?

PS- And until we get this resolved, I'm not sure I want to hunt with these "misguided" people or send my dogs out with them. Makes me wonder........... :roll:
show them some pics of some white dogs doing it. that's funny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts