Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how long I can keep my New 1 year old AB in a crate? He is crate trained. But I am scared to leave him alone with our other dog. Can he stay in a crate for a few hours? I know this may sound rediculous but I honestly have no idea??? I just dont trust leaving My AB and my other AB mix together without me there. I just got my AB today and they have been together all day with no problems. But I would hate myself if something happened. Oh and will there ever come a time where they can be left alone together?

·
Registered
73 Posts
We leave Sasha in her crate for up to 8 hours at a time. Our other dog, Maggie, has the run of the house. But I don't trust the two of them alone (they have had spats) nor do I know what Sasha would do left to her own devices (pillows, shoes, etc)
We always make sure one of us will be home no more than 8 hours after one of us left.

PS - it's a big crate

·
Registered
73 Posts
actually, let me be completley honest - sometimes it goes more than 8 hours. :oops:

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
sashasmom said:
actually, let me be completley honest - sometimes it goes more than 8 hours. :oops:
LOL Your conscience get the best of you?? :wink:

Mine are crated anywhere between four to eight hours, depending on whether or not I make it home at lunch time. They do absolutely fine. It's safer for them....and my stuff! :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes! And Sasha looks so sad :cry:
But she will go right in and plop down when I am doing all my last minute running around stuff in the morning so I guess she doesn't absolutely hate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts