Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I have a 2 year old ab,she tore her cruciate ligaments in both her legs! Im freaked out this is the worst thing ever! I wanna hear from anyone who has or is going through the same thing i am. My biggest fear is the cost? If i cant set up some sort of payment im screwed!!! I also would like to hear about how the dogs are after the surgery.Could it happen again? Any reply would be great. I made a big promise to my wife and kids that she would never leave us and they are standing by it,but if i cant pay for surgery what do i do?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Your poor baby. :( I hope she's okay. A lot (if not most) vets will work out a payment plan with you. I'd look around for another vet if one turns you down. My Bella had $500 surgery last October. That's not too expensive, but we didn't have the money at the time to pay for it. We're paying $40/month for 12 months. Not bad at all! I hope everything works out for the best for you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a dog that tore her CCL and had a TPLO repair last Sept. She's fully recovered on her injured leg. Check out the Yahoo group "orthodogs" It is loaded with awesome people with tons of experience and advice. There are lots of options for your dog.

·
Super Moderator
16,022 Posts
Do not have any info for you but do want to send
my best wishes to your dog. I do have one spot of advice, no matter
how tight money has seemed to be for me at times, things still seemed
to work out, as long as what I was doing was the right thing.
:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info. She was limping pretty bad last night, but is now jumping on beds and running up and down stairs....so, I feel a little better for now. I just need to find a dr. that will work with me, and try to keep her from getting to wild and injure herself more! She is a good dog and listens pretty well, so, I think she will be okay.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
My 2 year old APBT tore hers in her back left leg back in November - she had sugery in December and now is back to about 90% mobility. The first couple months were tough because she couldnt be off leash at all - but she was acting totally like her crazy self - it doesn't seem to affect her at all now, except after running or long walks she will limp a little bit - i did not have the TPLO surgery because my Magnum is only 40lbs and that evasive surgery was not required with her, she had a surgery where they repair it by creating an artifical ligament instead of the bone work the TPLO requires- but from what I hear the recovery for TPLO is quick too. PM me if you have any questions - Mag's surgery was about $1000.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you guys think?She is a rescue dog and they said she is a ab scott type.I dont know how 2 get her correct hieght but im 5/10 and as you can see in the picture im kneeling down an she is no higher than my knee. She is close to 70 pounds and has the red patch round her eye and on her back an little bit on her ears. She also has a red nose. Im thinkin she could be red nose pit/bulldog? Her body looks like a english bulldog but not so fat.Her head says red nose but her jaw says ab.Whats ur opinion? Oh she is two years old.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Her face looks VERY pitty to me - but I am no expert- its not a boxy looking as an AB - my best guess would be APBT/AB mix - but again its hard to guess, everyone has different opinions as to looks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree with dawng. Even though every where i go people always say "OH SHIII " LOOK AT THAT PITT! Most assume i own her for fighting. Alot of people cross the street while lookin at her like she is a killer on the loose! But the people who stop and ask to pet her cant seem to let her go! I had people shopping at petco start with a simple pet then within a few minutes there rolling allover the floor tryin to get her to play. She loves other dogs. She crys every time a dog passes by. She plays alot with my sisterinlaws lapdog. (fits in ur pocket)She is a house dog. I really like dawngs dog. Thanks for the info.Im lookin for a vet that will work something out with me. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
4-Patsy said:
What do you guys think?She is a rescue dog and they said she is a ab scott type.I dont know how 2 get her correct hieght but im 5/10 and as you can see in the picture im kneeling down an she is no higher than my knee. She is close to 70 pounds and has the red patch round her eye and on her back an little bit on her ears. She also has a red nose. Im thinkin she could be red nose pit/bulldog? Her body looks like a english bulldog but not so fat.Her head says red nose but her jaw says ab.Whats ur opinion? Oh she is two years old.
Looks like an AB to me. But without papers who knows. She's cute :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.