Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( :( My poor Daisy has cancer in her mouth. Last week I took her to the Vet because of some weird looking growths inside and around her mouth, I thought maybe she got into something and it was just going to be a routine visit for her allergies and she would just get acouple shots and we'd go home. But when the vet took a looked at them he wanted to keep her for some test and yesterday I got the news that those weird looking growths were cancer. The vet has told me that if he removes them they'll come back and they'll grow back 10times worse. I don't know what to do shes only 9 months. My head is killing me with thoughts. Please help.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I dont know about them coming back ten times worse, really..................

My Sass had cancer, ad still gets it from time to time.

We were told that as long as they keep growing on the outside where you can see them, where they are easily removed, this is a good sign.

Im dont know exactly how your daisys is growing, but at that age, it seems as if it were removed and treated, yes it may come back, because it is in her, but ten times worse, I seriously dont beleive that.
But Im no vet either!

Id go with the flow, until it got too bad.

Good luck, our thoughts are with you all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
We just had to PTS a rescue dog on Sat. from cancer. He was 2 years old. It can be very scary, but a lot of cancers are treatable and the dog can live a normal life. In our case it was osteosarcoma (bone cancer) which sadly, due to the location wasn't "fixable" if your dog has small growths in her mouth, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to be succesfully removed, and without a biopsy it's not 100% that the growths are even cancerous. If you remove a cancerous tumour, yes it can come back somewhere else, but not necesarilly worse and it may not return at all. I would get a second opinion and a biopsy. Without a biopsy, I'd have a hard time believing it was cancer in a 9 month old dog.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I would go ahead and do the surgery. She's only 9 months old - if your current vet is telling you that it's not worth doing, find another vet. Give your baby every chance you can, and as long as she's feeling okay, keep at it. She'll tell you when she can't go on anymore. I would seek a second opinion for a biopsy and treatment options.

I'm so sorry about this. I hope all goes well!

·
Registered
238 Posts
i would definitely get a second opinion! Sadie had growths in her mouth at 9 mo, they were warts. Gross, I know, but the vet said it is very rare to have cancer in the mouth in young dogs! It's worth a shot anyway. Can you post pics of the growth?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
wow...that really sucks. I've been there (we had to put our dog down 2 years ago, he had acute lymphoblastic leukemia, a very aggressive cancer, most humans don't live from it). Its a very hard thing to deal with. Get a biopsy, get a 2nd opinion, find out everything you can. I don't know much about mouth cancer, but regardless, i'm so sorry to hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts