Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scanning all the photos that are being sent to me from couples who have adopted Great Danes from us. I thought they were cool so I wanted to share, I dont seem like much of a bully lover :( ah well. Check em out, and I'll be posting more soon.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad I'm not the only one who loves danes here. I love keeping in touch with my old fosters, part of my "job" to go and check in from time to time to make sure they are living in clean enviroments and staying utd on their vet checkups.

This is Wynona (left) and my male dane Jocko (right) not exactly sure how old this picture is. But Jocko was around 10months old, hes much bigger now really got that growth spurt lol. I think if it was up to them they would've kept Jocko too, they loved him.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good pictures, and beautiful dogs. It is funny how you are posting pictures of Great Danes, and was about eaten by one today. My Neighbors adopted one, and it was running lose today, so I tried to get it. They failed to mention she is deaf. Long story short, I got right behind her, and was calling her name (pointless because she is deaf) she turned and was startled, and snapped at me. But she warmed up to me and was really friendly. :)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sucks, I've experienced things like that numerous times when being in the rescue. Some dogs dont really startle and some do, so we have to be really careful about placing them. Most of the time they go to people who are experienced with dogs who are deaf.

But I wish more people would actually tell someone when their dogs are deaf/blind. When I work with dogs who have problems like that we usually put a vest on them that says "I'm Deaf/I'm Blind" and etc etc.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That is so great that you get these pics! I love seeing them, post more if you have any! Makes my day better. :D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heres some more of my very extended family heh.

Poor Sonny has calouses (sp?) on his elbows from his previous owner. Cant you tell he's spoiled now? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts