Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any one can tell me anything about this blood line? his kennels are in illionois some where. i think it is spelled dayle,or dale. i just got shared owner ship of a female that was given to me. she is all his blood line from guy in phoenix. they are deffinetly the johnson type bulldogs.any help would be great

·
Registered
121 Posts
My dog is a dailey tug o' war decendant..!! Wow..that website had some really nice lookin dogs..!!! love the big american's!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just a thought.....

Maybe you should KNOW what you are buying BEFORE you get it. A novel thought.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Just a thought.....

PeterC said:
maybe you should learn reading comprehention before you post something that makes you look ignorant......... :roll:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Re: Just a thought.....

PeterC said:
Thats what I thought but I didn't want to be rude. It is a good suggested, I don't think it makes someone look ignorant. Maybe the way it was said was kind of harsh. But I always suggest know what you are getting beforehand. I read the post you have shared ownership (which you were given not bought) of a female that is pretty much pure on this line. Even if you are given a dog or co-owner its still wise to learn before, but its up to you.

I've been offered dogs/pups to me, trades to me, co-ownerships, and farm outs but I wouldn't take it if I didn't know the bloodlines because it might be something I didn't like. How everyone does things is their own personal choice, I guess if it was something you didn't like it'd be easy just to cancel on the co-ownership without a problem of having a dog you don't want around.

He was just trying to help you out in the future I think.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok . i see what he is saying. but heres what or how this happened.

yesterday morning i am talking to him and getting info on the ab club out here in phoenix. we talk about that i am looking for a female and he mentions he needs to place 2 females somewhere becuase he has 2 adult dog's coming from out of state. and it is OLD blood from the dailey line. so he doesn't want to over crowd his kennels. awsome kennels by the way. any way he said i could come over and take a look if i was interested we would work something out. i went over and did some test (i.e. a soda can with some rocks and some loud noises) to see what kind of temperment and just what kind of dog she was. she really did well with both those tests. so i watched how she interacted with humans (i.e. my wife and him also,and me). i decided i would take her home and come back for the other one that i also tested later this week.

so i am not jumping in to a situation i know nothing about. i am just not familiar with the blood line as much as i would like to be.

·
Registered
122 Posts
OK Im gonna say it GOT14U If I was you I would not even say the word breed, You said that dog in your avatar is your STUD and now your picking up females that you have no idea about the bloodline. Plus your in the breeding ?'s section of this forum. Seems to me as if you are going to breed. Correct me if Im wrong please!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jemhidiahssj4 said:
OK Im gonna say it GOT14U If I was you I would not even say the word breed, You said that dog in your avatar is your STUD and now your picking up females that you have no idea about the bloodline. Plus your in the breeding ?'s section of this forum. Seems to me as if you are going to breed. Correct me if Im wrong please!
my stud as in "THE MAN". he is not one i would breed do to i think he needs more drive. great dog just not a STUD the way you put it.
as for breeding eventually i will. after i find a good male with drive and one i think will contribute to making good all around AB's. yes i will breed. every breeder has started out some where. i honestly don't plan on breeding for quite some time. now if the owner of az tuff ab's wants to breed this female back in his bloodline then we or he will. he is already an established breeder. of course every one will ask about testing all his dogs have been tested for penn hip evaluation. can't give exact numbers but i know he does. and if we were to breed her she would also be tested first. remember that's what he kept her for in the first place.

FLAME ON FLAME ON...............

PS. just figured this would be the section to find out about a blood line.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I figured it was something like that because you said given shared ownership.

But anyway whats wrong with breeding if its done right? And yeah this is the breeding question section for breeders to share knowledge isn't it? Why should he not be able to breed if he's dedicated and doing it right. Everyone needs to start somewhere and learn about their breed, including the bloodlines.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True_Pits said:
I figured it was something like that because you said given shared ownership.

But anyway whats wrong with breeding if its done right? And yeah this is the breeding question section for breeders to share knowledge isn't it? Why should he not be able to breed if he's dedicated and doing it right. Everyone needs to start somewhere and learn about their breed, including the bloodlines.
thanks man. i think people just jump to conclusions to soon on forums. i am even guilty of that. and alot of people are very passionate about this subject. just becuase i'm a nOOb doesn't mean i am new to the dog world.

·
Registered
790 Posts
"maybe you should learn reading comprehention before you post something that makes you look ignorant......... "
your quote.

Dude, are YOU trying to say my grammar is poor? WOW. I could barely read your grammatically incorrect phrases.

Second, why is it ignorant? I merely said, you should learn about the lines BEFORE you get it.

I hope you are not dealing with hankdand, Davey, or R Shaw.

Maybe, they can comprehend. Oh, and say hi for me, if you see them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PeterC said:
"maybe you should learn reading comprehention before you post something that makes you look ignorant......... "
your quote.

Dude, are YOU trying to say my grammar is poor? WOW. I could barely read your grammatically incorrect phrases.

Second, why is it ignorant? I merely said, you should learn about the lines BEFORE you get it.

not your grammar dood. what i said in my post. I WAS GIVEN. big dif from buying.
i just think you jumped to a conclusion to fast. i honestly don't care alot about blood lines. more on the individual dog. if "I" was going to be buying something to breed or start my own line then ya. i didn't think my phrases were to bad. :cry:
and no none of those names are familiar.
not trying to start e-fighting. just don't act like i know nothing about dogs. obviously you know alot. i feel i am well versed with dogs maybe not a proffessional yet. but oh well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PeterC said:
your quote.

actually i just found out those guys are in the club. enlighten me. is there something i should be aware of ???????? :?:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
GOT14U said:
PeterC said:
your quote.

actually i just found out those guys are in the club. enlighten me. is there something i should be aware of ???????? :?:

No, I think he was being sarcastic with the comment about them (because those guys are in your area), they are good guys. I know Hankdad, he's good people. Has experience working standard + bully ab's too, can help you out a lot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
redbull said:
GOT14U said:
PeterC said:
your quote.

No, I think he was being sarcastic with the comment about them (because those guys are in your area), they are good guys. I know Hankdad, he's good people. Has experience working standard + bully ab's too, can help you out a lot.
good cuase that is who is in the club. they seem to be good guys. shane deffenetly thinks my male is workable. i was wondering about his drive but he had it. so i'll be concentrating on him for the time being.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
GOT14U said:
i honestly don't care alot about blood lines. more on the individual dog. if "I" was going to be buying something to breed or start my own line then ya. i didn't think my phrases were to bad. :cry:
and no none of those names are familiar.
just a comment but, if you plan on starting to breed or breeding in the future you will want to reconsider that not caring to much about bloodlines. it becomes kinda important

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I think he's saying the opposite though, that he's not getting dogs to breed, just pets, which is why bloodlines aren't as important to him. He pretty much agreed with what you just said in that statement.

GOT14U said:
i honestly don't care alot about blood lines. more on the individual dog. if "I" was going to be buying something to breed or start my own line then ya.
he is agreeing with your comment right there

let's analyze and pick him apart more though :lol:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
redbull said:
I think he's saying the opposite though, that he's not getting dogs to breed, just pets, which is why bloodlines aren't as important to him. He pretty much agreed with what you just said in that statement.

GOT14U said:
i honestly don't care alot about blood lines. more on the individual dog. if "I" was going to be buying something to breed or start my own line then ya.
he is agreeing with your comment right there

let's analyze and pick him apart more though :lol:
oh ok then, my bad. i actually have no problem with someone that is tryin to educate themselves B4 jumpin on the breeding bandwagon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts