Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dog as demodex mange he must have inhertid off his mother he is completly bald he cant be cured there inmunde system is too low to get rid of this all dogs have these mites but normally can handle them im hoping he will be able to handle these mites when he gets a little older as the imunde system kicks in between 1 year and 18months old he is just coming up to one he should have never been breed the breeders would have known that mother had the
mange so should have had her sprayed and not used her for breeding :cry: :( as i had the dog delivered i never saw the mother or where he was conceived but saying that he is a fantastic dog we love him to bits treat him as our man so with all his problems we love him so............. :wink:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx

thx for answering hes a loverly dog looks funny with no fur though wears a baby vest to keep him warm and stop him scratching him self ive read he should recover but these mites kill the fur folical so fingers crossed :wink:

·
Super Moderator
15,988 Posts
Is he on medication for the mites and are you using a medicated shampoo on him?
I would try stimulating the follicles just in case they have not been completely killed
but just blocked from the mite and its "dirt". Using a medicated shampoo will clean
out the follicle. You have to give him two lathers. On the first lather let it sit on him
for 10 - 15 minutes before rinsining it off. This needs to be done every week for a month
if you do not see any hair growing back at that point then the follicles are all dead.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
my dog Chico had a bad case of Demodex when he was younger so I know what you're going through. It's a real bummer. We did about 10wks. of mitaban dips and they didn't seem to really help much. After that we started giving him ivermectin orally along with the mitaban dips and it really seemed to help alot. I would ask your vet about that medication. Some vets are reluctant to use it because it is a wormer used for livestock but we had great result with it. Also we gave him dermcaps es but you could use a fish oil in order to help with the itchy dry skin. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
my dog Chico had a bad case of Demodex when he was younger so I know what you're going through. It's a real bummer. We did about 10wks. of mitaban dips and they didn't seem to really help much. After that we started giving him ivermectin orally along with the mitaban dips and it really seemed to help alot. I would ask your vet about that medication. Some vets are reluctant to use it because it is a wormer used for livestock but we had great result with it. Also we gave him dermcaps es but you could use a fish oil in order to help with the itchy dry skin. Good luck!
I agree

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.