Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Deuce has now started slightly limping. Friday he went to go potty and hurt it. He wouldn't put any weight on it. I had to carry him in the house. He weighs 60 lbs. Not an easy task. We rushed to the vet before closing to avoid the emergency fees. I also had to carry him into Petsmart to his vet. I got my workout for the week. Turns out he just sprained his toe on that foot b/c of the way it is deformed. A lot of the weight is on the front toe. It was swollen and red. They gave him some rimadyl and sent us home. He is back to himself now. We are still working on getting his surgery. I will keep you guys up to date. I may be getting a job at a groomer. It doesn't pay much but its a job. I have been out of work for 3 weeks so far. I will take anything so we can pay his surgery.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Aww poor guy!!! You go Mommy doing anything to see that he is well you are awesome!!

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Maybe this has already been covered at some point - but why don't you just put the surgery on a credit card and get it done instead of letting your dog suffer so much - I would rather take the kick in the A$$ from interest than watch my dog be in pain.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
bodazafa said:
Maybe this has already been covered at some point - but why don't you just put the surgery on a credit card and get it done instead of letting your dog suffer so much - I would rather take the kick in the A$$ from interest than watch my dog be in pain.
Maybe they don't have that much credit available to them?

Deuce's mommy...I'm sorry to hear about all of Deuce's problems with his legs/feet. :( I hope you can get his surgery soon.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are putting it on a credit card. The ones we had were maxed, and so we had to apply for a new one. That takes a while. We just got our new card in the mail. We are going to schedule the surgery this week. It will probably be a few weeks before they have an opening. So he will be taken care of very soon. Also, he is on remadyl for the pain right now. We also reduced his food since he isn't able to exercise. His toe is ok now, it was better by the next day. Thanks for the well wishes and concern. And trust me, no need to worry. He is well taken care of. He will get his surgery as soon as it can be scheduled. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I am so worried about the surgery even though it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Duece is gonna be up and running in no time. I think you'll be suprised how quickly they recover. It will be hard trying to keep him from running around though! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts