Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there peoples just want to know if anyone has tried the over the counter wormer called SafeGuard... it covers all the different types of worms, round worm, hook worm, tape worm and whip worm..... The reason I am asking is cause Titus my Mr. Eat Everything has tape worms not a whole bunch but when he has a bm you can see one or two of these wigglie buggers in his poo... Right now since we just moved I have not found a good vet in our area and the cash flow is on the slim side. I just need to get back on my feet after buying this house ya know!!! But on the good side he is eating normal and playing normal etc... just noticed it when I was cleaning up poo out of the yard and then made it a point to inspect their poo for the past few days and it is only Titus that has it cause I don't see anyting in Zeke's poo.....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I've heard of it - it's spendy but if it gets tapes too then it's worth it. Be sure to buy the correct dosage and follow the instructions. It's like a three-day regiment.

·
Registered
979 Posts
wizworx said:
Hey there peoples just want to know if anyone has tried the over the counter wormer called SafeGuard... it covers all the different types of worms, round worm, hook worm, tape worm and whip worm..... The reason I am asking is cause Titus my Mr. Eat Everything has tape worms not a whole bunch but when he has a bm you can see one or two of these wigglie buggers in his poo... Right now since we just moved I have not found a good vet in our area and the cash flow is on the slim side. I just need to get back on my feet after buying this house ya know!!! But on the good side he is eating normal and playing normal etc... just noticed it when I was cleaning up poo out of the yard and then made it a point to inspect their poo for the past few days and it is only Titus that has it cause I don't see anyting in Zeke's poo.....
Are you sure it's tapes and not rounds? The reason I ask is tape worms usually shed segments that look like grains of rice. If you have wigglies that look like pasta then it's rounds.

Paula

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It doesn't matter, that wormer will kill them all.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
msvette2u said:
yuppers that was my exact thought too...... tapes wiggle too until they dry up...I have seen them crawling on dogs butts before not a pretty sight (when I was a vet tech) Yuck!!!

·
Registered
979 Posts
wizworx said:
msvette2u said:
yuppers that was my exact thought too...... tapes wiggle too until they dry up...I have seen them crawling on dogs butts before not a pretty sight (when I was a vet tech) Yuck!!!
Well in one way it matters. Source. For instance if you get tapes you likely have a flea problem. It's good to know.

Paula

1 - 6 of 6 Posts