Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my EBT, Dexter in his agility class....not the faster car on the freeway, but he had a great time!

First, The see saw

Goin’ Up!

And Down!

Weave poles

A-Frame…goin’ up is easy!

Goin’ down…not so easy!

If I stretch, I just may get that treat!

I think my gut is stuck.

And the sliding descent equals success!

Tire Jump!

And a smile for my fans! I got my ears buzzed off for the summer, do you like it?

One more for the ladies!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Way to go, Dex!! That's a great start. Looove the buzzed ear, look too. I hear it's all the rage in the summer. :wink:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
I love him! Absolutely gorgeus! Looks like he's realy getting the hang of that agility stuff huh? They let you use the choke collar in agility class?? Were only allowed to use to the flat collar, if the dog was to fall or the leash got cause on equipment, it could cause some painful damage to the dog neck. But he looks like he's doing great.

Don't forget to treat often though. Are you in the beginner class? I see he doesn't like going down the A-frame, he went up it for you! So treat him! You might be lucky enough for him to want another one and he'll walk down. Make it as enjoyable as possible and i'm sure you are, but from the pictures that I saw, I just infered maybe you anticipating him to go down and then treat. A mistake I tend to do with Abby too, so your not the only one. All agility handlers anticipate finishing rather than stopping to treat and reward the dog.

Good luck though! I'm sure you guys will be a great succes in the agility world!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Beautifull dog!!! Looks like yall were having a lot of fun! I would love to get Kendra into that, im sure she would LOVE it too!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, have no fear, he was treated! This was just for fun for him, we weren't even sure he would do it.
About the collar, believe it or not, he relaxes with the prong on. He has some behaviorial issues, he gets himself worked up in strange situations, new buildings, and getting him calm usually involves crating him. Putting the prong on him works like the crate, wierd, I know, but he's a wierd dog. Doing this with him last year would have been impossible!

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Awww i LOVE Dex!! He is sooo handsome - I wanted to get Mags into some agility but I figured she would just lay around (like Dex on top of the A-fram) -LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts