Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We found out some upsetting news today. My mom's 9 year old pug, Bella, has been sick lately. She took her to the vet yesterday and they said she has a bladder infection, and is also diabetic, and will need insulin shots twice a day for the rest of her life. They told my mom she will have to be on a special diet, and are trying to get her to buy Science Diet. I cringed when she told me this because of what everyone has said about it on this board. Can anyone tell me if they make a GOOD dog food specifically for diabetic dogs that she can give her? Any advise will be greatly appreciated! Please keep Bella in your thoughts/prayers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see you have found a site for pets with diabetes - hope it is petdiabetes.org - it is a wonderful site, and has so much good information as well as a terrific bunch of people who love their animals and are willing to help in any way they can.

I have a question about the APBT that you may be able to answer or know of somewhere I can go to find out. My little guy is a rescue mutt - what we know is he is some mix between a bulldog and pit. I'm going to try to submit a picture - someone may or may not be able to tell me if he's an APBT or not.

He's going to be 8 months in two days and I'm trying to find out what weight he should be at at this time - he was dx with diabetes a month ago, and was only 11 pounds then - he's now 21 pounds.

We think we have him regulated, and now we are checking on what his weight should be so we have a goal to aim for.

Also, we are using the Merrick food, it's working out well for Roscoe. Their website is merrickpetcare.com

Their food is geared to the low glycemic - for all ages.

Thanks for any help anyone may have!

Sue (Roscoe's Mama)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.