Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question , I noticed starting yesterday my puppies stool became very soft , then liquid . Today in the morning it was looking more normal , but later in the day it was back to being liquid. He has been vaccinated and wormed on June 9th , same food he was started on at the breeder's . He is active , drinking fluids just fine and eating his food like normal . My question is , He has stolen some of our other dog's food a few mouthful's and my wife said when she brought him up to see her friend that he had gotten in to her dog's food as well . Could just the little bit of new food like that change his stools ?
Also , the stool is the same color and doesn't have any tinge of blood or different odor so I am just hoping the food is doing it .
I have his checkup on Monday , just wondering if it would do any harm to wait until then or should he be seen sooner ?

·
Super Moderator
16,002 Posts
I would not think that if it were a small amount of food that it would have that drastic change on him. It does sound like a milk and sugar thing. Has he had any ice cream? If he continues to to have loose stools you might want to take him to the vet for a check up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took Loki to the vet today for his diarrhea , they couldn't find any medical reason for it . He was well hydrated , fecal test was negative , they did a smear of his feces and looked at the bacteria balance and thought that was fine . So basically told me to do a bland diet for a few days and see if anything changes . I had to laugh I got him home and he has had 2 normal bowel movements since we have been home .

·
Super Moderator
16,002 Posts
mjh68 said:
Took Loki to the vet today for his diarrhea , they couldn't find any medical reason for it . He was well hydrated , fecal test was negative , they did a smear of his feces and looked at the bacteria balance and thought that was fine . So basically told me to do a bland diet for a few days and see if anything changes . I had to laugh I got him home and he has had 2 normal bowel movements since we have been home .
Well glad to hear the vet did not find anything. Probably some kind of food or maybe even stress from being in a new place. Will keep good thoughts that he is over this. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts