Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you even seen the Dog Whisperer on the National Geographic Channel? Thats him. He emphasizes being the pack leader and being the boss. He stresses the importance of exercise and how your attitude affects your dog. His motto is "I rehabilitate dogs and train people" That is so true. I have used his methods since we got our AB and I swear by them as do many other people. He is amazing. And best of all, he is a big bully, and especially pit bull, fan. He has many personally. His show is on every Friday night at 8pm. A quote from his site:

"There are no killer dogs!

Dogs are not born killers nor do they choose to be killers. What we are seeing in the news with the recent rash of canine violence, is the tragic outcome of humans who own dogs, but do not know how to properly fullfill the needs of man's best friend.

We can prevent dog attacks by understanding dog psychology. Dog owners, the public and especially the professionals charged with issues of public safety can live harmoniously with canines through proper care and communication with the animals.

I have proven that this is indeed true.

- Cesar Millan"
http://cesarmillaninc.com/dpc-philosophy.php

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Tia said:
Who is this person? what are their methods?
Like a Cougar, getting ready to pounce...

Sorry, but that's just what your replies sound like. You're just waiting to point out all the negative things...LOOKING for negativity...

Or, maybe a tyrant/dictator throwing orders around....

·
Registered
278 Posts
No....

Amocat00 said:
Tia said:

Sorry, but that's just what your replies sound like. You're just waiting to point out all the negative things...LOOKING for negativity...

Who would question the dog whisperer.....Looks to me like he knows
his stuff..... :salute:

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Amocat00 said:
Tia said:

Wow, talk about waiting to pounce! I think that was totally unfair! Didn't you stop to think that maybe Tia really DOESN'T know who Ceasar Milan is? Tia lives in a very rural area of Canada and National Geographic channel is not available to many people in this country unless they are lucky enough to have an illegal US sattelite set up or a VERY expensive Canadian one!. Also, some people actually aren't much into TV. I have a great selection of channels but rarely find myself sitting in front of the TV. My spare time is spent training dogs or stopping in here for some fun and entertainment, amongst other things. Not everyone is a tv junkie and not everyone has the National Geographic channel available at their fingertips.

I think that maybe you should take some of your own advice, Amocatt, and stop trying to add fuel to a fire. GEEZ, Tia dooesn't know who the Dog Whisperer is, why don't you crucify her next time. :roll: Unbeleivable .

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Lisa said:
Amocat00 said:
Tia said:

Wow, talk about waiting to pounce! I think that was totally unfair! Didn't you stop to think that maybe Tia really DOESN'T know who Ceasar Milan is? Tia lives in a very rural area of Canada and National Geographic channel is not available to many people in this country unless they are lucky enough to have an illegal US sattelite set up or a VERY expensive Canadian one!. Also, some people actually aren't much into TV. I have a great selection of channels but rarely find myself sitting in front of the TV. My spare time is spent training dogs or stopping in here for some fun and entertainment, amongst other things. Not everyone is a tv junkie and not everyone has the National Geographic channel available at their fingertips.

I think that maybe you should take some of your own advice, Amocatt, and stop trying to add fuel to a fire. GEEZ, Tia dooesn't know who the Dog Whisperer is, why don't you crucify her next time. :roll: Unbeleivable .
You're right, I'm wrong. No comments anymore. I'll take my own advice and ignore your posts from now on. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Some people need to stop reading between the lines. It's not just about how it's worded but also about how the person reading it chooses to interpret it. :argue:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I try and catch that show, but I always miss it. One day I caught 10 minutes of it, and man did that dog change in a hurry, it was pretty cool. I might have to order that one.

Hey Kogeki, do you have the American Bulldog book that Joshua's wrote? It was really neat, alot of stories about their hunts, those dogs are UNREAL!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
3 cheers for the Dog Whisperer

I too am a follower. I religiously walked my dog, Cesar Millan style, when I first rescued my AMSTAFF pit mix because she was so rambunctious. Now she's as "cool as the other side of the pillow." (except when she sees a wild hog).

It sucks when you quit drinking,
Jackie
wallflower of the glades

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
MrsCooper said:
Some people need to stop reading between the lines. It's not just about how it's worded but also about how the person reading it chooses to interpret it. :argue:
Again...

...You're right, I'm wrong. No comments anymore. I'll take my own advice and ignore your posts from now on. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Ok ill ask again.. who is this person? is this th eguy who wears a scarf?
i dotn watch alot of dog programs sorry :) but would love to learn

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Tia said:
Ok ill ask again.. who is this person? is this th eguy who wears a scarf?
i dotn watch alot of dog programs sorry :) but would love to learn
See, now that was MUCH better. That is a lot harder for me to interpret incorrectly. Again, sorry for my argumentative nature. I'm working on it.

~S

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Thanks appreciate the apology but i don't know why people havent figured out, if i want to ask and make fun of a trainer/dog/etc i will, i dont beat around the bush. That time was a honest question.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Tia,
I'd suggest checking out the link kogeki posted. That may help :)

·
Agent Squint
3,627 Posts
Tia said:
Thanks appreciate the apology but i don't know why people havent figured out, if i want to ask and make fun of a trainer/dog/etc i will, i dont beat around the bush. That time was a honest question.
For the LAST time, I apologize! :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts