Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the difference in the Leavitt bulldogges and the Greenely bulldogges. The Greeneley's seem to have longer noses then the Leavitt's. Why? Do they cross to more EB than Greenley's?

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Sure someone here has more detailed info than me...but
every breeder has a different outlook on what an OEB should be.
Some use more mastiff in breeding for big dogs, some use more EB.
Just depends on what they want the outcome to be.
But i dont know anything about the breeding stock of Greenleys, heard of them tho. Levitt oebs are 50% EB stock, so yes they do have a good part
of EB in them.
Ive been trying to find out what my OEB's stock is with no luck.
Sometimes breeders dont like giving out their mixing secrets! :roll:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Differences

Ok. I do know that Greenley's do not breed back to EB's after the first breeding. I am about to get an OEB that originally came from Greenley's. She doesn't have to much of a bully face, so I was wondering do you know if I can breed it to an EB and get more bully looks or will that cause health problems? This is my first OEB, I have EB's and a Valley, and a boxer. But I have a GREAT EB stud. I'd like more bully in the pups, that's why I wanted to breed her to my EB.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Find another OEB for her, don't go back to EB's. There are people out there doing it and it is only going to cause health problems. If you want to bully them up find an appropriate OEB with a shorter nose, there are plenty out there. Any difference between the bloodlines is purely from breeding to different standards, or even breeder preference within a standard.

As for Greenly's, I think they have alot of Hermes stock, and that they have crossed some with Leavitt's. I've seen some of their dog's pedigree's too and don't think they have used any EB in at least 5 generations (probably more).

Leavitts are 50% EB, and the other 50% is AB, Bullmastif, and APBT. I know of an AB outcross since the foundation breedings in the 70's, so there were probably others, but I don't know nearly as much as some of the OEBKC/LBA breeders. And I very much doubt anyone would have crossed back to an EB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts