Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philo is 10mo, and has never done this until just days ago....she is eating her poo.....gross :evil:

A few things have recently changed in life, so I didn't know if that might have an impact....we recently borded her for the 1st time. Very traumatic experience. They had to take her to her vet emergently b/c of a spider bite on her paw that became badly infected. The vet put her antibiotics, which she just finished yesterday, 2 weeks worth(Baytril). I had also just switched her food from DVP to Kirkland Lamb & Rice.

Could any of these reasons be why she is eating her poo or have we just been lucky enough not to have a poo eater in our midst? Is there anything you can do to make them stop this yucky yucky behavior?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yes it is disgusting, but it is not uncommon. My girl started doing this so when we went to the vets one day I asked about it. He said I could either buy the expensive pills they sell OR by some meat tenderizer as they have the same ingredients. Of course I went with the meat tenderizer. All you do is sprinkle a little ( about a half teaspoon ) on their food once a day. It does not harm them or make their food taste any different, but when they poo the poo does not smell good to them.

What he said was happening is that her body is not absorbing all the nutrients and her poo was smelling like food to her. Gross I know, but what do you do!! LOL Gotta love 'em...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts