Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another silly question for you all.

I've been looking over the food list and noticed there aren't any puppy foods listed. So do I have to give my puppy, puppy food or can I give her something like Kirkland Signature Chicken, Rice, and Vegetables?

Let me know.

Jeff

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Our vet told us that puppy food is better, but not neccessary. I've known people who've never fed puppy food and their dogs grow up just fine. Actually, some people recommend NOT feeding puppy food so the dogs don't grow too much too fast and cause joint problems.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've heard that puppy food can often have too much protein, causing joint problems, particularly in larger breeds. Canidae has an all life stages formula, and I've heard great things about it. It's what we're gonna be feeding our pup.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've been very interested in owning a french bulldog, and have done quite a bit of research into their health problems. Just for the simple sake of preventing problems further down the road make sure you start with a quality food for you pup. My suggestion is for you to look into purchasing and feeding a quality food that is available for all life stages. It's not "necessary" to feed puppy food.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts