Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think my AB would defend our home. My father in law walked in without knocking and she kept him at the door. He wouldn't move. If we are at the doorand welcome the person, she is the sweetest girl. If I was in danger, I have NO doubt in my mind that she would attack to defend me. She is very protective but at the same time, if I tell her to leave it alone, she relaxes and is very friendly.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Did she bite him? Or was she just barking at him? My dogs would do the same thing. Doesn't mean for one second she would attack an intruder. Have you read this entire thread?
She didn't bite him but she snapped at him. She let him know he wasn't welcome. Once I came to the door she was ok.
No I didn't read the whole thread, I was just answering the original question.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Then test it. Find a trainer/club and set up a test to see. While you're at it video it and post it up. I for one would love to see a "natural protector" get their groove on.

I spend a great deal of money, time, and effort training/testing my dogs for the very thing that so many say their dogs do naturally. How is it that my keen eye just hasn't been able to see these naturals. I could stand to save that money, time, and effort.
Good idea but I live in a small community and we don't have many resources here. I will look into it and see what I can find out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Murphy guards the house against the mail lady. He knows shes up to no good. Why does she come every day to our door, and then just leave? What the hell is she doing? Mom dad don't seem to mind, but I have to keep my eye on her because I know she is bad news. And she walks right past the window and doesnt even look at me! How dare she disrespect me on my turf. One day I'm going to get that lady and Im going to give her a piece of my mind!

Love this. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts