Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Mine barks now at people he doesn't know, but I have no clue if he would protect us.

As far as break ins go- he's crated when we aren't there so I'm not sure how much good he would do.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a dog who does the same thing. Anytime she senses anyone on her property, she high tails it towards them barking and growling. She appears intimidating to most but could be scared off by anyone by a simple yell and raising of their hand.

I don't know how many times and how many different ways that this whole topic needs to be explained in order for people to understand it. It is very frustrating. Just when you think that people are starting to "get it" along comes another story of a so called "protection" or "guarding" scenario. My guess is the majority of those dogs being discussed could be scared away as easily as my dog can.

Is there still an emoticon for "banging head against wall"?
Lisa, I agree. I know my dog would bark and carry on, and the minute you ignored him and kept approaching...he would run to his crate and hide LOL. However, even if he did bite - it would be out of fear and not because he was protecting me. I think people are misinterpreting fear behaivors with "protection" or "bravery". Im not sure I would have understood/noticed the difference before reading this thread, but now I 100% get it and agree ( at least I think i get it! )...You've at least made it through to one person out here :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts