Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Did Your Dog Find You By Destiny?

• No, I chose my dog. It didn't chose me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never thought about it before.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe that your dog found you, like it was meant to be?

I feel that me meeting my Rose was some sort of destiny and that your perfect companion
will find you when you least expect it. I met her at a totally random series of events, at a
time when I was deathly afraid of pit bulls and pretty much believed that they were murderers.

I somehow immdiately fell in love with her, like we had met before and I already knew her.
I had a bond with her, like no other creature can compare so far. I love my pomeranian, but
not like a loved my pit bull. I was absolutely IN LOVE with her, I know it sounds wacky. LOL.

Now, I was searching for a dog to rescue but was told to simply stop looking because my next
dog will find me. It may not be exactly what I want, but it will be the perfect companion for me.
The dog will probably be younger than a year, because Rose died a little over a year ago and
she would be the one to send it to me. I'd rather an adult, but if it's from her than it's meant to be.
I guess it would be born after Rosa's death, so it could be any age when I adopt it.

They say that the new dog will have a tie to your old dog, whether it come with a similiar name, or
the same birthday, or even the same habits and traits that your late dog had (which they say is because
your late dog trained them behaviors before sending it your way).

I have a feeling it will be blue or black colored. Black because rose was black or blue because the opposite
of red is blue (because her name was red). Maybe a black pit named Blue? :? I also have a feeling that it
will be a boy, only because my red was like a boy. She lifted her leg to pee (never squat) and everyone
called her "he" on the street and was shocked to find out she was a girl. She just had this butch vibe.

So, I want to hear what everyone thinks about this (I know this dabbles in religion and stuff) and talk about
any experiences you have had with coming about a dog in a weird way or getting a dog with the same behaviors
as your late dog. Weird stuff like that. I hope to one day have my pup find me and bump this thread back up
and see exactly how similiar things turned out. That would be interesting if they did.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Heaven is my soul mate, but I think I chose the others. Heaven found me -- I wasn't even at the pound to pick out a puppy, I was on a mission for a rescue group to help out another adult dog they had there. But they put Heaven in my arms and I saw those baby blues...and that's all she wrote.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I don't believe in the concepts of soul mates or destiny...just coincidences. My two dogs were definitely coincidences, Remy moreso than Bella.

Bella's story: My husband and I were a couple of weeks away from moving into our first home, and we had started "shopping around" for puppies. My husband's mom was out power walking around her neighborhood and came across a house where a female pit bull with big, swollen nipples was outside. She asked the owners if they had puppies at the house, and lo and behold, they did. We went over there that night to see the 3-week-old puppies, and we brought Bella home 3 1/2 weeks later. Lovely backyard breeding story, huh? I know better now!

Remy's story: My husband and I had been looking for a second dog to adopt for about 6 months, and nothing was working out. We decided just to foster instead. Well, we fell in love with Remy the day we got him and pretty much knew he would be staying. After his being in our house for 3 weeks, we got a call about someone interested in adopting him. We made the official decision that night to keep him. :)

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
All of my dogs just popped into my life unexpectedly.

My Golden (Sonny):
When I was 14 I had consistent dreams about living in a strange house and adopting a stray dog and naming her/him Sonny. At that time my Mom and I moved to a new house, and there was a little red homeless puppy living under the house. I adopted her and named her Sonny.

Yote:
About a month after Sonny passed away, a tiny and very obnoxious Yote popped into my life. Oddly, he was a foundling in the same neighborhood as Sonny was. Missing Sonny so much, I was very easily persueded to take in Yote.

Tala:
I had given up on adopting a bull terrier after having been on a list for almost a year, and being turned down for every new dog the shelter took in. Every legitimate breeder did not have puppies or did not have females, but put me on a waiting list. I had just gotten Yote, so I was going to just be happy with him and I stopped looking for a bull terrier. I went to a dog show in Santa Barbara, met a breeder, and he hooked me up with another breeder in California who did not have puppies, but recommended another breeder in Georgia, who was selling FCI bull terriers from a champion Hungarian line. He sent me photos of cute, tiny little Tala with her adorable littlermates, and I fell in love with her right away. She sort of just fell into my lap when I wasn't even looking anymore.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
What a great thread....

I loved reading the above stories.Well here are mine

Molly: My sister and I rented a house together.She was just divorced and I was ready to get out on my own.
My sister had a Dalmation named Lucky.Well the one day a lady knocked on our door.She soon told us she lived a few doors down had a 9 month old dalmation and asked if we would take her as her son was "allergic"to her and she noticed we had one already.Well I went down to meet Molly and she just ran around the yard.I noticed she was in heat so I said I wont take her while she is in heat come back when she is done.Well the lady did just that came back the day she was done her heat with a bag of dog food,collar that was to tight on Molly,pig ears and other items in a bag and molly in the other hand.When I opened the door she put the bag on the ground and handed me Molly and left :shock: I never said I would take her but at that point I new I had to.She came to me un fixed, inflamed swollen ears, no shots,and cuts all over.The first week was hell cause all she did was growl at us and show her teeth.I later found out from the vet that she had been to four different homes before us :shock: and all the previous owners all went to that same vet........INTERESTING HUH.Mind you she was only 9 months when I got her and to be in 4 other homes already.I also found out the last home had kids who beat her.It took a ton of time and money to get her right and even to this day she can be funny about who she meets but she is now 7 and doing great.

Buster: I knew I wanted another dog and new I wanted a bull breed.I had owned two pits in the past who had since passed away and I loved everything about them.So I went on line and did a ton of research bought some books and decided an American bull dog was right for me and my family.I came here and joined this forum and a few people told me about breeders and one had told me about a "breeder"who had pups and would be ready to go in a few weeks so I talked with this guy and he emailed and well I picked Buster out and we went to get him when it was time.The place was shady and I realized that this wasn't a good breeder but a BYB but I held Buster in my arms and wasn't about to give him back.

·
Super Moderator
16,023 Posts
I think it is both. Sometimes we have dogs because they need us, that would be the case of Sasha (Border Collie/Chow) and Holly (Springer Spaniel). Then there are dogs that you need or were meant to be in your life. That would be Rusty (St. Bernard/Shepard) and Clara. Sasha came from a foster home pet adoption. Both George and my step-son wanted a dog and they found her. About 6 months later, I felt that Sasha needed a companion and we went to the shelter and found Holly. When we brought Holly home, somehow she knew she was meant for Sasha and has never left her side. Rusty was a foundling in the neighborhood. Some kids found him and brought him to our door because it was cold (March) and they were not allowed to take him in their home. He came in to spend the night and never left. He has been at my side ever since, that was 10 years ago. Clara was another foundling. She was dropped off at the shopping center I worked at. She was a pup and scared and confused. She saw me leave the shop to go to the bank and when I came back she was waiting at the door. I opened the door and she ran in. She is at my other side every day. The funny thing is, is that I had been looking for another dog, just not sure what kind I wanted to get. Clara made up my mind for me. :wink: :D

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I think that there might be. I had no plans on even having a dog, and then I got the "wrong one" I wanted a male. But I couldn't have a better girl. I wouldn't change having her! She was like my kids, unexpected but not unwanted!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I dont know...I guess some of mine were "fate" When I adopted my Great Dane Diva and her brother from the pound back when I was 16 I had no plans on getting another dog. I had went to pickup some dogs for the rescue and see if they had any Great Dane breeds. Well I saw Diva and I don't know...when I saw her and her brother at the cage with those eyes, I just felt like it was meant to be...

Shadow well...I had been wanting a pitbull. So I searched around for awhile and I started talking to this woman who was involved with the breed and she told me her husband had a brother who breeds, does weight pulling etc. So I talked to them from day 1 until we picked up our pup. I guess it was fate on that one too, cause Shadow was my second choice. But I fell in love with him...

The others were adopted by choice, so I guess I chose them.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fate can also mean going in to adopt one breed of dog and ending up with another you didn't even want at first.

My co-worker's dogs all found her.. literally.. they all arrived on her doorstep one at a time sitting loose on her porch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.