Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AB whine and bark at you if you aren't on the floor giving him/her attention?
LOL! we noticed this for the first time over the weekend. We don't allow Bubba on the sofa and he seems to want all of our time. I guess it's a good problem to have but I wanted to see if we are alone on this one.

Also, do you allow your dog to growl when you are "rough housing" with he/she? I do. But I don't allow him to bite.

thoughts?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't have that problem with our dogs whining for our attention so I am not sure about that... our dogs get alot of play time with us during the day and then they go off and snooze or play by them selves other times. We have never rough housed with our dogs either, due to the fact that we have kids and we do not want them trying to play rough with the kids. Also anytime we play with our dogs we do not allow them to growl at all and if they do then play time is over... a happy bark or yip etc is acceptable but no growling or showing aggression of any kind is allowed, all play time will be stopped right away. But then again that is just what we do and I am probably not right but that is just my opinion on the issue maybe someone else on here has some more info....

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
There are certain types of growling. There's the "Watch out, i'm not a happy dog!" growl and there's the "I'm gonna win, you can't beat me HA HA" growl. So when your playing tug of war or rough housing, most of the time it's just play growling. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. But if you think things are getting out of hand then you should stop.

As for the whining, Abby does this sometimes and I just ignore her. Most of the time, it's because she wants her din-din or she has to go outside and go the bathroom or chase the darn squirrels.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ambulldogpup said:
There are certain types of growling. There's the "Watch out, i'm not a happy dog!" growl and there's the "I'm gonna win, you can't beat me HA HA" growl. So when your playing tug of war or rough housing, most of the time it's just play growling. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. But if you think things are getting out of hand then you should stop.

As for the whining, Abby does this sometimes and I just ignore her. Most of the time, it's because she wants her din-din or she has to go outside and go the bathroom or chase the darn squirrels.
Yes, I'm sure it's just the playful growl. He isn't being malicious

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
yeah, what she said....

my bully's growl at each other and at us when playing, there's no fear of biting. and when the AB has had enough of the EB she'll growl a certain way and the EB starts licking her....

so cute :lol:

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
snarky said:
yeah, what she said....

my bully's growl at each other and at us when playing, there's no fear of biting. and when the AB has had enough of the EB she'll growl a certain way and the EB starts licking her....

That's good, your EB is submitting to your AB. Meaning, they know where they stand in the pack. :wink:

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
ambulldogpup said:
snarky said:
yeah, what she said....

That's good, your EB is submitting to your AB. Meaning, they know where they stand in the pack. :wink:
she is such a submissive little critter.....she's always on her back giving in...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts