Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my mom had brady(amstaff/bull mastiff mix) and her dog (american bull dog, pitbull, amstaff mix) at the dog park the other day, now brady has been good with every dog on previous walks with me and him or me my g/f and him. This time he did not want anything to do with other dogs, he actually wanted to attack them if they came close to us on this walk with my mom and her female puppy. Is this something i should worry about? Or is it only because of the female puppy he acted like this?

Any insight would be great

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Stop him. What you need to do is get his focus on you or your mom or whoever is walking him. Dog aggression is common in bully breeds, but you don't want them pulling you around and trying to attack other dogs. But you need confience too. If your dog feels you bring scared and worried, then your dog will pick up on that and show those emotions too. Be confident with your dog, and work more on OB. Teaching your dog to walk next to you in the heel position shows you as the alpha and makes them focus on you and the walk and not what is around you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kate said:
Stop him. What you need to do is get his focus on you or your mom or whoever is walking him. Dog aggression is common in bully breeds, but you don't want them pulling you around and trying to attack other dogs. But you need confience too. If your dog feels you bring scared and worried, then your dog will pick up on that and show those emotions too. Be confident with your dog, and work more on OB. Teaching your dog to walk next to you in the heel position shows you as the alpha and makes them focus on you and the walk and not what is around you.
defianatly am confidient with him, not scared of any dogs at the park, more wondering why it happens, as i said, he is fine when he is being walked by me with out the other dog, soon as i have my mothers dog with us, he then gets like this with the dogs.......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bremner53 said:
wow thats pretty young. Was he on a leash? Where the other dogs on a leash? At that age he shouldn't really be showing aggression like that. Is he scared of the other dogs maybe?
Yes i did have him on a leash. Not sure if he was scared, i kinda thought maybe he saw my moms dog as his property in a way, the other dogs were not on a leash, because its a off leash dog park/trail. I did keep brady on his leash even though most were telling me to take him off, but i know with the temperment of the breed, probably would not be a good idea to ever have him off his leash around other dogs. I did stop him when he was doing, but again it was only this time while the female puppy was with us, when he is walking alone with me, he is fine around other dogs and does not show any aggression, he actually plays with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts