Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on the beach in southern California, there's a dog beach in Huntington Beach that we have been taking Penny and Hemi too (promise I’ll take pictures next time, prolly in two days). Oh man they love it, every time we go they pull us straight out into the waves and frolic around. We try to go when there aren't many other people / dogs, since every dog there is off leash (except mine). My dogs are 6 months old now, they listen very well, sit, stay, come, lay, ECT. EXCEPT for when we are at the beach! If we are at the park, on a daily walk, anywhere, they listen perfectly. Except the beach. Why? Is it because there is so much going on? The water, the sand, the smells, birds, people and other dogs?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are on a leash 100% of the time, never ever off leash. Ever. I don't trust all of the other dogs. Thats the thing, we have perfect control of them at any place, walks, the park, ect. Except dog beach!

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Dog beach is just a ton of excitement and fun. I think unless you have a 110% well behaved/trained dog (I know I don't), you will always have this problem there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts