Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK WELL MY DOGS HAIR LOOKS REAL THIN STRAIGHT DOWN HIS SPINE. I AM FEEDING HIM NUTRO NATURAL CHOICE LARGE BREED PUPPY(LAMB AND RICE). I TOOK HIM TO THE VET AND THEY DID A SKIN SCRAPE AND FOUND NOTHING WRONG. VET TOLD ME THAT MAYBE I SHOULD THINK OF SWITCHING HIM TO EUKANUBA OR IAMS BECOUSE OF SOME OIL THAT THESE FOODS PRODUCE TO HELP OUT WITH HIS COAT. MY QUESTION IS HOW GOOD IS EUKANUBA OR IAMS. I POSTED IT UP ON THE OTHER TOPIC BUT HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING . ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Yae Nutro is a very very good food so definitly keep him on that. Like Bella said try fish oil, or also a suppliment called missing link that you can buy online. Both those foods are horrible but most vets do recommend them. They have lots of fillers in them. It is like feeding your child mcdonalds every day. On the first page of the food post, Iams is rated and it got a D.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You can also get Missing Link at Petsmart, if you're impatient (like me).

·
Registered
623 Posts
What is the best one to use flax seed oil, fish oil or missing link????
Also, the fish oil pills I bought are the same kind people would take, I got them at Wal-Mart. Is that the type of flax seed oil you use???

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
coco said:
What is the best one to use flax seed oil, fish oil or missing link????
Also, the fish oil pills I bought are the same kind people would take, I got them at Wal-Mart. Is that the type of flax seed oil you use???
I personally have just had better results with flax seed oil than fish oil. Also flax seed is know as a documented ati-cancer agent! I don not use the capsules I buy Organic Cold Pressed Flax Seed Oil at my local health food store. Most supermarkets are starting to carry it as well, just look and see if they have a organic section (it will be in the fridge). I give 1 tsp on their morning and night meals, but start smaller when starting out.

I have never used The Missing Link, but I have read the ingredients. I would still use flax seed oil with it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks Care!! I am going on a mission to find the flax seed oil!! It may just be a coincidence, but it seems like after I started to give them the fish oil they have gas (yep more than normal if that is possible)!! They will run you out of the house not just a room. Does the flax seed oil cause more gas??? I feed them Authority Harvest Baked and the gas had not been this bad!!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
coco said:
Does the flax seed oil cause more gas??? I feed them Authority Harvest Baked and the gas had not been this bad!!!
I haven't noticed extra gas from the flax seed oil, but I give them yogurt with every feeding also! You should see our feeding rutine, the girls have to sit/stay for like 5 mins before I'm ready for them to eat. :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK WHEN I WENT TO THE VET TODAY AND SHOWED HIM THE LIST OF FOODS AND HOW YOU GUYS GRADED THEM HE SAID NOT ALL DOGS ARE THE SAME :?: WELL AS FAR AS FOR THE THINGS YOU GUYS RECOMMENDEDI ALSO TOLD HIM ABOUT THAT AND HE HIGHLY RECOMMEDED A SUPPLEMENT CALLED (GLENHAVEN A3/N) THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS.
-263 MG PURIFIED MARINE OIL EXTRACT
-128 MG BORAGE OIL
-10I.U. NATURAL VITAMIN E
-10,000 MCG ZINC SULFATE
-100MG VITAMIN C
-350 MG SAFFLOWER OIL
-GARLIC OIL EQUIVALENT TO 100 MCG OF FRESH GARLIC BULB

WELL THANKS GUYS AND LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP WITH ANYTHING

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
ZeldasMom said:
Care, what type of yogurt do you give them?
I give them all brands as long as it's a plain all natural yogurt.

coco said:
also, what flavor and how much yogurt???
I never give them any flavor, just plain yogurt. Also, if I can I buy 1%. I give them a tablespoon (not measured, just my regular soup spoon) in each meal, breakfast and dinner. I'm not sure if there's a exact amount, but that's what I give my girls.

·
Registered
623 Posts
MMCV82 Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK WHEN I WENT TO THE VET TODAY AND SHOWED HIM THE LIST OF FOODS AND HOW YOU GUYS GRADED THEM HE SAID NOT ALL DOGS ARE THE SAME WELL AS FAR AS FOR THE THINGS YOU GUYS RECOMMENDEDI ALSO TOLD HIM ABOUT THAT AND HE HIGHLY RECOMMEDED A SUPPLEMENT CALLED (GLENHAVEN A3/N) THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS.
-128 MG BORAGE OIL
-10,000 MCG ZINC SULFATE
-100MG VITAMIN C
-350 MG SAFFLOWER OIL

Where do you get this from?? I will try anything at this point. I want to explore all of my options.

Thanks Care, I went to Wally World tonight and got some yogurt!! I am going to give it a try. Thanks for all of your help!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
MMCV82 said:
OK WHEN I WENT TO THE VET TODAY AND SHOWED HIM THE LIST OF FOODS AND HOW YOU GUYS GRADED THEM HE SAID NOT ALL DOGS ARE THE SAME :?: WELL AS FAR AS FOR THE THINGS YOU GUYS RECOMMENDEDI ALSO TOLD HIM ABOUT THAT AND HE HIGHLY RECOMMEDED A SUPPLEMENT CALLED (GLENHAVEN A3/N) THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS.
-128 MG BORAGE OIL
-10,000 MCG ZINC SULFATE
-100MG VITAMIN C
-350 MG SAFFLOWER OIL

Yeah, I don't use the grading system. It is true, all dogs are different, but regardless of grades or dogs Eukanuba and Iams are crap (JMO).

Never heard of Glenhaven A3/N, but hey you can try it. Just a question; does your vet sell this? Or did he tell you where you can buy it? I still would use the flax seed oil. It is has so many great benefits for people and animals.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK GUYS AND GALSI BOUGHT IT FROM THE BANSFIELD PET HOSPITAL, THEY USALLY HAVE ONE IN EVERY PETSMART. THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT IS CALLED GLENHAVEN. I BOUGHT 60 CAPS FOR $18 . THE LABEL ON THERE SAYS THIS
-GLENHAVEN A3/N IS AN ORAL SKIN SUPPLEMENT WITH OMEGA-3 AND 6 FATTY ACIDSAND ANTIOXIDANTS. APPROPRIATE FATTY ACIDS CAN REDUCE CHRONIC ITCHING, EXCESSIVE SHEDDING, AND HELP DRY ,LUSTERLESS COATS. OMEGA-3 / FISH OIL IS THE SOURCE OF EICOSAPENTAENOIC, DOCOSAHEXAENOIC, LINOLENIC AND OLEIC ACIDS.

WELL IF I CAN HELP ANY MORE LET ME KNOW.

coco said:
MMCV82 Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK WHEN I WENT TO THE VET TODAY AND SHOWED HIM THE LIST OF FOODS AND HOW YOU GUYS GRADED THEM HE SAID NOT ALL DOGS ARE THE SAME WELL AS FAR AS FOR THE THINGS YOU GUYS RECOMMENDEDI ALSO TOLD HIM ABOUT THAT AND HE HIGHLY RECOMMEDED A SUPPLEMENT CALLED (GLENHAVEN A3/N) THESE ARE THE INGREDIENTS.
-128 MG BORAGE OIL
-10,000 MCG ZINC SULFATE
-100MG VITAMIN C
-350 MG SAFFLOWER OIL

Where do you get this from?? I will try anything at this point. I want to explore all of my options.

Thanks Care, I went to Wally World tonight and got some yogurt!! I am going to give it a try. Thanks for all of your help!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts