Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure whether this should be posted in behaviour or here in the health section. Since switching Harley over to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul about 3 weeks ago we have been having a major problem with her. She's trying to eat anything and everything it doesn't matter what it is. It's as if I am starving her. Tonight she did one of the biggest no no's. She got up on my stove and knocked our dinner to the floor and began eating it. I also caught her getting things off of my kitchen table. We were feeding her Diamond Large breed Puppy. We were giving 5-6 cups per day, well The chicken soup says to feed 4 cups per day so thats what I have been giving her. She knows better than to do these things so I'm thinking there has to be some underlying cause. Any ideas or suggestions? I can't have her doing this type of thing. This is as bad as a cat on the kitchen table and counters.

Kelly

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I used to feed Diamond Performance for large breeds...my dogs were doing great...then switched to the Nutro (Natural) and they are starving also..I think I might go back to Diamond I have had great luck with it in all areas..the pups like it better and my male does soooo much better on it..

e

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think that fact that you cut down 1 to 2 cups of food per day is why she wants more food............

I remember you asking before about feeding.......how does she look? what does she weigh?

You can't always go by what the bag says, more by what keeps her happy and at a healthy weight. If she gets a lot of activity and is looking healthy at 5 or 6 cups a day, then that's ok. Since she's been on 4 cups a day for 3 weeks now........how does she look? Healthier or too skinny?

I'd try to stick with it if she looks good. IF not, than up her potions to keep her at a Happy Healthy weight.

Goodluck! I hope she didn't get all your dinner the other night!! :cry:

Bridget

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fina said:
I think that fact that you cut down 1 to 2 cups of food per day is why she wants more food............

I remember you asking before about feeding.......how does she look? what does she weigh?

You can't always go by what the bag says, more by what keeps her happy and at a healthy weight. If she gets a lot of activity and is looking healthy at 5 or 6 cups a day, then that's ok. Since she's been on 4 cups a day for 3 weeks now........how does she look? Healthier or too skinny?

I'd try to stick with it if she looks good. IF not, than up her potions to keep her at a Happy Healthy weight.

Goodluck! I hope she didn't get all your dinner the other night!! :cry:

Bridget
Harley doesn't look bad but I know she has lost a bit of weight because her collar is looser. Not not all of it, but as you know thats a habit I don't want her to get into. I honestly don't believe this is an OB issue because she didn't start acting this way until I cut her food rations down. I'm going to increase and see if that helps the situation. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts