Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of shampoo does everyone like? I know oatmeal seems to be popular, but what brands/places to buy or other are supposed to be really good. I am almost out and looking for something to replace what I currently use (Halo Cloud Nine).

I want something: detergent free, biodegradable, hypoallergenic and free of artificial colors, fragrances and preservatives.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Where do you get that shampoo Leeann? I have been looking for something I can smell on Lily for DAYS instead of for 1 day after her bath! :lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I use Cloud Star Buddy Wash, both the shampoo and conditioner.

Soap free, all natural, lavender & mint smells great and it cleans really well and the conditioner is great for their coat and skin (my hands even come out soft - as girlie as that sounds :?).

You can find it quite a few places, but just because I think this is funny, I'll link you to the Vegan site that sells it:

http://www.veganunlimited.com/14033.html

edit: Umm, I just looked at their kibble - didn't know they made it, lol. Looks great!

https://www9.mailordercentral.com/cloudstar/home.asp

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Rachel Zugg said:
Where do you get that shampoo Leeann? I have been looking for something I can smell on Lily for DAYS instead of for 1 day after her bath! :lol:
Petco! :)
Not at my Petco. I looked for it last time you told us about it. Still don't sell it. [-(

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I'll take a look today, thanks! Atticus usually goes to South Bark Dog Wash once a week, but that's getting EXPENSIVE!! :?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I adore that milk bath shampoo! For pits we normally use Lav-N-derm shampoo (I think it's by nature's specialties). It's an all natural lavender shampoo that smells nice and is very good for their skin. We use it on the itchy dogs too.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Kasco said:
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
Rachel Zugg said:
Petco! :)
Not at my Petco. I looked for it last time you told us about it. Still don't sell it. [-(
Well, that stinks! They sell it on the website.

·
Registered
149 Posts

I use the Doc Ackerman's Colloidal Oatmeal shampoo. It claims to contain no pesticides
and be an all natural alternative.( claims it's safe for your pet and safe for the invironment )My dogs always look so white and super soft and smellreally great after their baths. I bought it on a wim, not ever researching it but I liked the
ingredients. It also washes out clean very easily. I found no problem with it at all. :)

Colloidal Oatmeal shampoo is "anti-itch" and great for dogs with itchy or sensitive skin. Doc Ackerman's Botanical products are designed to provide effective, all-natural alternatives that are good for your pet as well as environmentally safe.

The colloidal oatmeal is 3.8%, and the formulation includes Green Tea extract, Aloe Vera, and Goldenseal, as well as other natural soothing and skin healing ingredients. The list of botanicals is quite impressive!

Ingredients Colloidal oatmeal at 3.8%, Purified deionized soft water, Green Tea extract, Sodium myreth sulfate, Camphor crystals, Menthol crystals, Aloe Vera, American cranes bill, Chickweed, Comfrey, Elder flower berries, Goldenseal, Horse tail, Irish moss, Marigold flower, Marsh mallow root, Slippery Elm, Witch hazel, Garlic, Woodwort, and Thyme.

·
Registered
588 Posts
When I was working at the dog kennel, we had this dog with extra sensitive skin, so my boss told me to put "Selsin Blue" on the dog so her hot spots would go away. And they did!

So Selsin blue helps out with hot spots!

And believe it or not. Green Dawn or Yellow Joy kills fleas if you have a flea problem! They somehow drown in it, and it's safer on your dogs then the chemical kind your vet gives.

For regular shampoo we ALWAYS used suave vanilla bean. (I can still smell that stuff sometimes!) Suave is gentle but not all dogs skin can take it. So anything with soft skin shampoo yunno?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Dawn also removes the oils from poison oak/ivy, just FYI.

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's really good to know because we have poision oak around where I live (in the back woods) my dog doesn't go that far back though. But great tip!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Some yellow stuff that has oatmeal in it...forget what its called. Its for sensitive skin.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Dawn also works for extremely stinky or greasy areas, it has so many uses. LOL.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I took my boy for a bath yesterday, thanks to this thread. He was just stinkin' to high heaven, and now he smells like a sweet little boy. :oops:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts