Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW DOES A PERSON GET INTO DOG TRAINING? ALL ASPECTS, BUT MORE SPECIFICALLY PP.MAYBE SOME SCHOOL LOCATED IN OHIO.WOULD I NEED TO GET CERTIFIED OR SOMETHING.ALL RESPONSES WOULD HELP!!

·
Registered
709 Posts
First thing first.......

If you really want to do this and do it right... then you need to start reading books (books just to get your brain thinking) on behavior and how that applies to obedience! PP is without a doubt about control.... and if you can't train obedience in drive then you have no business pursuing PP. If you feel that the dynamics of training obedience in drive interests you, then I suggest that you look for a club!

I'll tell you from experience.... it takes many years to have an understanding and how to apply that understanding or else you'll just f*ck it all up!!!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Don't forget you first need the right DOG in order to do this type of work. Without that, you are SOL and finding a good bully to do the job ain't easy. Even if you look in all the right places, that is no guarantee you will get a dog suitable to do the work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts