Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've seen a few pics and videos of dogs running on treadmills, slat mills and carpet mills.
Aside from regular walking, this would appear to be good exercise and may be helpful during the winters when snowed in.
I knew a few people who conditioned dogs for hunting on treadmills but they were expensive electric versions.

Have any of you tried this?

I'm considering building one but haven't had any luck finding decent free plans yet. The pay ones from one of the breeder's listed on this site do however look promising although I'm not sure I could get everything here.

One can get manual treadmills for humans really cheap but unfortunately they would seem to be too short for dogs.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
yes i have seen these treadmills for dogs. well i think they are just human treadmills that dogs use. i have not heard of someone making one that would be cool. i have a treadmill but not sure my dogs would want to get on one. i think they use food held out in front of them to keep them walking. perhaps they have like an ebay there you could get one cheap. i actually think a manual one would be better as you have to propel it yourself instead of just keeping up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just cant find a human one that's long enough. The short ones seem to be more popular because of storage purposes and they are the ones turning up used most of the time.

BBunker do you used a treadmill with your dogs?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have Ebay here and a few other classified pages. The longer ones just don't seem to turn up. I guess all the city apartment dwellers wanted short treadmills for easy storage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts