Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here use one of these? If so does it keep them from being able to lie down?
I need to find something for Buster for our travels. He likes to sit up front with me and many times has climbed into my lap while driving and he is no longer a small pup were he is able to do that so I normally put him back in the passenger seat but he is all over the car for a good 15 minutes then will finally lie down but I really need to get him something but I also want him to be able to lie down still. Any Ideas????

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Don't know, but I'm interested in the replies. Harley's really good in the car, but I wonder if it's for her safety, am I being really negligent. I'd never go anywhere w/ my daughter's seat belt not buckled...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I want to get one but I have the same concern as you Kelly.... all the pictures I've seen the dog is sitting. But when Kate and I go home... she can't sit for 7 1/2 hours straight.

But after got into our accident, we got lucky neither one of us got hurt. But I'm sure it wasn't safe having my body stop a 65lb dogs body!

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I don't use one, but I'm curious as well. I've looked at them a couple of times, but Haus likes to lay down. So that's my concern too.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Both my twins use them and yes they can lay down they are adjustable and work really well. keeps both my pups safe and they lay nicely while i'm driving . If they out grow the harness you can just get another harness to use.
And acually Petsmart has a leash now that has the seatbelt lock on it too that you can attach to any harness and then just release it and use it as a leash too. These I haven't tried yet. .

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HausMommy said:
I went searching too, and found this: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art20872.asp

I think I'll be investing in one for Haus. He drives me crazy sometimes with his roaming.
That one looks nice to.Now I dont know which to get.You think Petco would have these at the store,I hate driving there to find they dont have what I am looking for........LOL.HALO: were did you get your at? Can you snap a pic so I can get a better look...............LOL,Sorry for any inconvenience :oops:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Ok here is pictures of the harnesses and strap and ends of strap I bought mine at stop & shop for $10.00. These are the two harness i use now cause they have out grown the ones that come with it the one that comes with it is the same as the purple harness you see here.

Clamp to harness end

this end you slip into seatbelt

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a blue harness just like your purple one so can I just use that and buy the other part? What would be the name for the other part.....LOL.I would hate to buy the whole set knowing that Buster will out grow it in no time and I just bought his blue harness a few weeks ago and he can grow into the one he has for now anyway.Thanks for posting the pics.I like to see what I am getting :D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
petsmart has to thing you can use with your harness , the leash one or they have that part to hook to the seatbelt I think its called the seat belt restraint but not positive I know you can get them separate to use with your hraness i found that out after I got the set.
I can use mine two ways to Clip them into the seat beat or when I take the back seats out I can put a climbers clip on the seat belt end and clamp them to the cargo tie downs either way they are safe.
They may also be called seat belt tethers

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Sue,I'll be heading out to Petco this afternoon...............LOL,but only with a limited amount of money,dont need to get in trouble by hubby :D You know how it is going to that store...........WATCH OUT!!!! LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
halo said:
LOL I just weny dropped another 150.00 on collars and backpacks LOL. Its dangerous there. I have spent $4250.00 on these pups so far since I got them and thats not counting training LOL . ( I don't know a thing when asked what you get them today by you know who LOL)
LOL, I try playing dumb but I have little ones that like to drop the dime on me.I hear " Did you see what mommy bought the dogs today" meanwhile I go off into hiding............LOL

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
oh my god! I'm not the only one who spends a fortune on my dog? It was my dirty little secret before. So nice to know I'm not alone :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts